• A problem with GAM/TAM

oregu
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I was excited when i knew about the changes in TAM.
    I created a test game today to play some. Choosed NYCFC.
    I have a 3 designated players in roster. And I realised, that i can change their contracts type to senior using TAM.
    I did it. Gave Magno and Medina a nearly maximum (senior) yearly wages (~550k) + TAM (800k). The players was signed, and i freed two designated places in roster.
    And I thought that i must spend every year of these contracts lasts 1,6m of TAM to pay the overcap.
    But when the new season come, the game used 1,6m GAM for it. I don't understand why it happened. Is it right or not? But if it's not a problem, TAM is still useless, because TAM and GAM is two different types of budgets, and i cannot generate crazy amounts of GAM to pay for TAM operatons. I just need to use GAM, as i did in previous games.

I think, if I use TAM to sign a contract (to buy player or to sign new contract), then TAM budget must spend every year to pay overcap of that contract.
    Or I must to pay all amount of TAM for all years of contract at once. For example, I sign 3-years contract with addition of 500k TAM budget (yearly), so i must spend 1,5m TAM at once, and then pay nothing in year 2 and 3.

Can you answer how it should be? And if there no problem, maybe i can use TAM for something else. Because for now, i still don't see how i can use TAM-budget, only a very little part. I can sign at once contract with ~500k TAM, and then pay for it from GAM next 2-5 years.
    Maybe you need to add second slider of TAM budget to "buy down salary cap impact" menu in player's contract. And i could use TAM to low cap impacts.

It's very important for me. Because MLS is my favourite league, and if the TAM budget still useless, i want to refund the game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I thought about it, read the mls regulations, and think that described situation is incorrect.
    GAM-budget must work only for contracts, which is not overcapped. The TAM-budget must work for overcapped senior contracts.
    I think that it must work as follows:
    For example, I signed new player as senior contract, using 500k wages + 800k TAM. When a new season arrives, the game must not do something automatically with that cap impact, which was lowered by TAM to 500k, and must be set to 1,3m at start of new season. With this cap, the player cannot be registered. Instead of automatical reduction, it has to be the second slider in contract for TAM-bubget. This slider must be only active in overcapped senior contracts. Therefore, when the new season will arrive, and I’ll want to register that player again for next season, I’ll must to low cap again from 1,3m below senior cap using this new slider and TAM-budget.
    And the GAM-slider must be active only in senior contracts which is not overcapped and not used TAM-slider previously.

Edited by oregu

Or... maybe another easier way, when using TAM in contract talk?
    For example i want to buy a player as a 4-years senior contract 
    Transfer Value 1m and Agent fee 200k > acquisiton costs
    Salary 1m/y
    So this player receive the cap impact = 1,3m or (1+0,2)/4+1

In addition i decide to use 2,8m TAM. And this amount of TAM will spread the 4-years of contract and reduce cap impact by 700k (2,8/4). In total, the hard cap impact must be set = 600k for all 4-years, and not use GAM or TAM in next seasons.
    Besides, in all seasons i must have a possibility to reduce this hard cap impact more with GAM budget, for example, from 600k to 300k.

Edited by oregu