• Player Instructions do not work

wazza_d
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

I have been testing player instructions for pretty much every single role and position. 

The instructions do not work in my opinion. If I have a Fullback on Support, and I want the fullback to sit narrow, the fullback is literally on the touchline. No matter what I try, it will still be on the touchline. I do not want to use the inverted wingback because they are too central for the system I want to play (4-1-2-3). I have to use the below formation setup to cover some areas of the pitch but end up getting exposed on the width because the IWB are too central. 

GK 
    DR - IWB support
    DCR - BPD def
    DCL - BPD def
    DL - IWB support
    DM - DM def or HB
    MCR - CM att
    MCL - CM att
    AMR - Winger support
    AMC - SS
    AML - Winger support

If I set my FB to fullback on support duty with the player instruction to sit narrower, he is still on the touchline then the central areas are more exposed. These roles are defined in the description and seems to me it is hardcoded for the majority of them. There has been a lot of focus on the new IFB position / role so that accommodating positions that fits a specific system will make players cover certain areas of the pitch. Any tactics outside of the 'Pep / Man City' tactics ... players do not cover certain areas of the pitch. 

This has been an issue for years.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.