• Crazy lack of players retiring as staff and the option to send players on coaching courses dissappears in longer term saves

Mitza
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I've noticed this bug from a few editions ago, but for some reason I always forgot to report it.

The option to send and aging player (31+ I think?) to do a coaching course just doesn't work anymore on a longer term save. I'd say somewhere 5+ seasons in. 

Starting a new save, you can send every 31+ player in your team to do a coaching course. At the end of the season for the first, second and third season, you get a ton of players retiring as staff - even if they later on they decide to retire alltogether if they don't get any offers, most freshly retired players have the staff attributes section available.

In every longer term save I did, the pool becomes smaller and smaller, with only a handful of new staff at the end of the season, as most retired players choose to dissappear from football. I think there is a bug somewhere that stops players from retiring as staff, hence turning off the option to send on coaching courses alltogether.

This is a bit hard to prove with examples, but I think running an experiment to compare end of first season, end of second season and end of 6th season might be very helpful

If you look in the screenshots, there are over 4000 players with staff attributes in December 2025, and only 292 in November 2029. Only 21 high potential players retiring as staff of all types in 2029, compared to 172 in 2025. 

You would be inclined to say that you get the players that retired in the first seasons in the larger pool of options, but no. I've raised it many times that the fresh staff who can't find a job in the first 2-3 years will retire completely from the game, regardless of their PA.

The game will instead resort to creating staff regens to fill up the roles left behind by real staff retiring of old age, starting from the lower leagues and moving to the national teams. I've seen the game spawn a manager only for the Netherlands national team, with no experience or history in the past, because the pool for the AI to choose from has ran out. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.