• Gameplay bugs

devonchris
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Love this game, only found a few minor things that could improve the gameplay (most of these date back to previous versions too):

1) VAR bug - I like the VAR feature, but the suspense is completely ruined by a glitch which means that a disallowed goal is immediately chalked off the score, and the players all line up for a goal-kick, *before* the referee consults VAR. I therefore know as soon as the ball's in the net whether the goal will be disallowed or not, which defeats the point.

2) average rating calculations - this takes a lot of the realism out of the game: a player plays 90 minutes of a game, plays well, scores 10; then they come on as a substitute for 5 minutes in the next game (or they get injured after 5 minutes), scores 6; average rating for the two games is 8. This seems intuitively wrong, and it means I don't bring on any substitutions after half-time so as to avoid ruining my players' average ratings. In real life, a player's season wouldn't be undermined by a handful of late substitute appearances to wrap up the game, so this feels odd. Not sure of the best solution to this: ideally their average rating would be weighted by how many minutes they played, or maybe a short appearance just wouldn't count?

(I was really impressed by how FM have fixed a previous bug - where player ratings were disproportionately based on second-half performance - so I know you can do it!)

3) player reactions. A number of these aren't realistic, even allowing for the average footballer's intelligence/rationality:

a) reactions to new signings/rumours: e.g. I make a bid for a 16-year-old defender as one for the future, prompting my world-class superstar striker to "worry he's going to be replaced" by this signing. Doesn't make much sense.

b) inability to understand games-in-hand... both my board and players get very despondent if I'm 2 points off the top of the table with 3 games in hand, but elated if I'm 1 point clear in 1st place after playing 2 extra games. Maybe they're just not bright, but still...

c) reaction to time off with injury. Player gets injured, misses a load of games, gets cross with me for not playing him. Obviously I'd expect a grumpy player to be easily riled when they're frustrated by an injury, but actually getting challenged over whether he features in my plans seems odd when I'm desperate to play him!

Thank you for another great game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @devonchris. Thank you very much for the feedback. Firstly, we do appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention but could we ask you to log each issue individually. We get a lot of issues logged with us through the Bug Tracker here and logging them individually allows us to better track what issues have been fixed and what ones still require attention. Secondly, we would appreciate it greatly if you could provide save games, screenshots, match PKMs, screen capture videos, device data (device name and Android/iOS version number) and any other information that may you have on any issues you report. We need as much information as possible on reported issues so that we can reproduce them in-house and get them over to the development team to create fixes for them. Below is a link including information on how to upload files to us and you can also upload files to us through the in-game error reporting feature. Once again we thank you for taking the time to report the issues you have found and we hope you'll be able to provide the supporting files and evidence that will allow us to investigate them further.

Thanks @Ewan Aiton, I've logged these as three individual issues now. Not sure what I can provide with game attachments - these aren't unique to my savegame or device, they're generic issues across the game. Starting any new game on any device (on FM23 or previous editions) will produce the same issues, and I think these are well-known (especially the VAR one).

• SI Staff

Hello again @devonchris. Thank you for logging these issues individually. It is much appreciated. As to what might be helpful uploads the first two issues you have noted here are match related and so what would be most helpful is a PKM from a match where these issues have been observed and (ideally) a save from before and after the match has occurred. These will give the development team the best chance of identifying what is causing these issues. As for the third issue, here screenshots of how the issues are manifesting in the game and a save from where they are occurring with be most helpful.