• Huge FM Xbox issue

MJC67
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Message added by Desmond Richardson,

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

Signed up here just to post this as I’m in disbelief that this has slipped through the cracks. 
    At some point early in the life cycle of FM22 Xbox edition an update caused a glitch which randomly stopped online saves from allowing more than two players (including the host) to join. A pretty annoying glitch which put mine and my mates’ save on hold, so we waited for it to get fixed. 

It was never fixed. I saw several people on twitter and on here complaining about it quite rightly as it’s a huge issue with the game, but the save we had remained unresumed for the rest of the year. We got the new edition in the hope that we could finally get a big save going again, but remarkably this glitch still exists. So, so poor from the devs. 

Clearly this hasn’t been fixed because those of us who play big online saves on the Xbox edition aren’t big enough in number, but this obviously does not excuse leaving an issue untouched when if it existed on the PC version, it would’ve been flagged and resolved within days. Please, please fix this. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey @MJC67, can you please get them to provide us with the following information so we can investigate this further?

•    Which online game mode are they trying to play? (online career, draft or versus)
    •    How many users are trying to connect to the online game?
    •    How many users connect before it stops letting people join?
    •    What console is the host using, and what console is the person using who can’t connect?
    •    Can you all connect to an Xbox Live Party together?
    •    Can you please test your NAT type and provide us with the answer?
    o    Go to settings > network settings > test NAT type
    •    What leagues/nations are loaded within the save?

We're currently investigating this issue alongside Epic. 

I'm having similar issues on the series X, I can't invite any of my friends to join my online career, I've only once managed to get one friend into a game, when they were in the game, the staff and recruitment tabs were greyed out and couldn't be clicked on.

on FM22, on online career, when you get a few seasons into the game, you can't seemingly play a game without someone being kicked from the save mid-match.

I am trying to host from a series X and the 2 xboxes that are trying to connect are original xbox ones ( i have specifically ensured to only have 5 leagues selected because i know that if you have more than 5 then it can't run on old xboxs)

We are all in an xbox party together so there are no connection issues, we are all on a wired connection to a fibre broadband with 100mbps or above. The 5 leagues selected are England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy.

The one time i was able to get a friend into a game, because the recruitment section was unavailable for him, when he got the first recruitment email, when he tried to click on the recruitment centre link in the email, he was kicked from the save and hasn't been able to re join since, I have tried starting new online careers, i've tried only having one league setup and it just says "joining online game" for about 12 seconds before that goes off the screen and he hasn't joined.

It really does seem like nobody has bothered to test the console version and it's so very disappointing. I remember when 22 came out on the console and for the first 3 or 4 weeks, whilst you could have your friends in an online career, if you didn't all press continue at the same time it would crash =/