• Wrong tactic when simulating match

crimson_basser
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

On several occasions now I have noticed that the selected a tactic and lineup for a match was not used in game. I'll select the tactic and lineup pre match then simulate it only to have the match report post match show the wrong tactic was used with players playing out of position. When this happens, I replay the matches several times in a row with the same result, occasionally will it use the selected tactic. Match results vary wildly when this happens as well, at times we'll get pumped and concede tons of goals, other times it will finish 1-0 either way.

In the uploaded save, this glitch has happened in the most recent match against Bromley.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I thought maybe it was an issue with selecting match plans, but I'm also having issue with that. I create them in the tactics window, but they don't appear as options when I go to simulate, despite selecting it as "my next match tactic" in the tactics window.

Even when match plans work properly and appear pre match, I'll select the match plan, tactic, lineup, and it still uses the wrong tactic. Plus the match plans disappear from my tactics window, I have to redo them constantly. This is getting quite frustrating!

On 25/11/2022 at 23:27, Michael Sant said:

Unless I'm missing it, I can't see the name of your save game file. Can you tell me what its saved as so our QA team can investigate?

I believe it was Wrexham Umm or something to that effect, should have Joel Blanchfield in the file name

I uploaded a second one from post season just in case (I accidentally deleted the older save from my computer)

Edited by crimson_basser

The glitch seems to have continued and extended to matches I'm taking control of. I'm into pre season of my second season and even when I take control of the match the formation reverts to my primary tactic, despite choosing my second tactic and setting the lineup pre game. In the pre match cut scene it shows the correct lineup & formation. The players are in the correct formation when the game starts, but as soon as it simulates a portion of the match the formation changes and players are out of position.

I've uploaded the most recent save, the last match was where it happened (even after replaying it). My match plans are also disappearing constantly, I have to remake them regularly..

On 29/11/2022 at 16:49, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for coming back and providing that. Our QA team will investigate further.

Do you happen to have an update? The incorrect tactic issue is continuing to happen anytime i select any tactic other than my primary

• SI Staff

It is something that is still under review with our QA team. Unfortunately given the nature of fixing bugs and how issues may occur still or an intended fix causes worse problems we can't put a timeline on an issue I'm sorry.

On 13/12/2022 at 14:47, Michael Sant said:

It is something that is still under review with our QA team. Unfortunately given the nature of fixing bugs and how issues may occur still or an intended fix causes worse problems we can't put a timeline on an issue I'm sorry.

No worries! Just thought I would ask. Been wondering if it was a problem others have experienced as well. Thanks for the reply