• Centre backs running up the pitch when being countered against

dheathcote92
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

See attached clips and PKM

Centre backs completely abandoning their position and allowing players in behind.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Been saying this on my online game, cb tries to cut out passes at edge of own area but keep running to half way line sometimes. 

Edited by Owie

12 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Any additional pkm's you have which can show this as well @Owie would be appreciated. More examples always helps investigate this further.

Yep here you go, coincidentally it has happened for the 2nd goal in all 3 of these games, I can recall games I have conceded twice to it though. It seems to be more severe with a High press than a Mid block and also happens regardless of whether you are counter pressing or not. (I do realise the formation being played is irresponsible and I expect to concede, but the CBs are defo still running away)

I am not sure if it happens in every match, it feel's like it does happen in most matches but I play on Key Highlights so hard to say.

Leicester v Man Utd (2nd goal conceded).pkm Liverpool v Man Utd (2nd goal conceded).pkm Southampton v Man Utd (2nd goal conceded).pkm

9 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for providing some additional examples to work with.

tbf you've been given more than enough PKM's / examples of the tragic defending on this game to at least implement some kind of fix by now. This issue is making the game unplayable. Long balls in behind are ridiculously overpowered and defenders act like 5 year olds. 

• SI Staff

When there is a bug in the match engine, it can be fairly simple to see what it is - for the sake of argument long balls in behind. That situation might arise because of multiple different factors however and identifying as many as possible maximises the chances of getting a meaningful resolution. Changes made in the match engine have knock on effects which need to be tested and reviewed, I appreciate it can be frustrating to wait. 

17 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

When there is a bug in the match engine, it can be fairly simple to see what it is - for the sake of argument long balls in behind. That situation might arise because of multiple different factors however and identifying as many as possible maximises the chances of getting a meaningful resolution. Changes made in the match engine have knock on effects which need to be tested and reviewed, I appreciate it can be frustrating to wait. 

I think in general the match engine is a great improvement btw, that's why its annoying, this one bug is ruining it. Even when playing low defensive line and low block, defensive line are sitting way too high when opposition have ball in their half which causes the easy long balls over the top. Surely it wouldn't be too just difficult to just edit the defensive lines back a bit? IMO they are way too high