• Player unavailable

Toecutter
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

I'm managing Southampton. This is my first time playing FM. Tried a couple of saves just to figure out how things went, where stuff was, etc.

On my last save I went half into the season without Tella being available for the first team. Even though he is listed as being only on first team. Couldn't find any box checked/unchecked etc.

So, started another save, and there he is. Awesome, go first year in all good. Nlundulu then comes back from loan, I sell Tella....and now Nlundulu, even though he has been bumped to senior team, is not available for the starting 11, or subs.

Tried assigning him to reserve team. Went into Dev and made sure he was a starter for their next match. At that time he was still listed as both first team, and as a reserve player. Reserves play their match, no stats for Nlundulu. 

Move Nlundulu back to senior team, no difference. He's listed as a senior player in squad list, but again, match day he's not in starting 11, nor subs.

He's complaing he isn't getting play, just like i went through with Tella.

I'm half into second season. If the game bugs out, and doesn't let me use players, it's not that much use to me.

Have you heard of this happening on the Switch? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So....anything from SI on why this is happening in game, and is there to be a fix?

Or, do I just delete game, mark it up to lesson learned on buying undeveloped games?

Well, that's it then. I did the impossible, got a refund from Nintendo for your not ready for prime time game.

Bu-bye.

By the way, the last match I played against Everton, saw them with half their squad in white, and the other half in blue. Lol, at first glance I was wondering how come so many refs were on the pitch.

Hey @Toecutter,

Thanks for flagging this with us. I'm slightly confused can you confirm if I'm following correctly?

You have a player within your squad that you want to select to play in games, but the game isn't allowing you to select this specific player within any games? Does it come up with a reason for why they can't be selected? 

Or is it that you can't allocate them to play in reserve games?

23 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Hey @Toecutter,

Thanks for flagging this with us. I'm slightly confused can you confirm if I'm following correctly?

You have a player within your squad that you want to select to play in games, but the game isn't allowing you to select this specific player within any games? Does it come up with a reason for why they can't be selected? 

Or is it that you can't allocate them to play in reserve games?

Player appears in squad list. Doesn't appear in starting 11, nor subs. Tried moving them to reserves, went into dev to make sure they were a starter for reserves, sim match, after match stats show they didn't play in reserve match. Change back to senior squad...and nothing. Just doesn't appear at all. Not injured, not loaned, no reason for player not to be listed.

Delete save, start new one, there he is, available. Yet 1/4 into season, disappears again. Other player who returns from loan, plays as a starter in several first team matches, then same thing happens to him. 

Player complains he's not getting match time, as per his contract. Yet cannot select for matches as he doesn't appear there.

As I explained to the Nintendo rep, imagine having Man U, but Renaldo is unavailable for play, even though he is listed in squad list.

The game as it is, is worthless to me. Got me my refund.

So you don't want to select the player for the first team, but you've made them available for the reserves. The problem then occurs because despite making them available he's not being selected?