For anyone having the "Trial Expired Problem"

I bought a boxed version and used Steam as my option for validating my copy, I like most people played the game for a while then saved the game only to come back later to find the message from anchorsoft saying "Your Trial Has Expired" please obtain another key from Sigames.com.

Well after trying everything from uninstalling the game and reinstalling it I eventually right clicked on the icon that Steam added for Football Manger 09 not the Steam icon but the icon for Football Manager on the desktop, I then clicked on Run As Admin and my game loaded no problem with no sign of anchorsoft.

I hope this helps the people that had the same problem as me which was loading, Saving then Quiting only to return and received the "Your Trial Has Expired" message.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I am having this problem - completely unintstalled and re-installed via Steam - everything seemed fine - right clicked desktop icon, run as administrator, and then started loading through Steam and I thought sweeeeeeet.....but then the same SoftAnchor screen comes up - and then Im getting a mixture of error -819 and -821

Uninstall everything, steam, fm, and the fm folders in my documents, anything football manager related, and the same for steam.

goto the website where you make sure you are entering the correct code as the 0's and o's are messed up, then install FM using the CD and choose the option which doesnt use steam.

try that, worked for me.

Archived