Fleetwood Town - Can you be the Codfather?

Fleetwood_Town_FC.png

Info

Fleetwood Town F.C. is an English football club based in Fleetwood, Lancashire. In the 2010-11 season, they will play in the Conference National following their win over Alfreton Town in the Blue Square North Play-off Final on May 9, 2010. This is the club's fourth promotion in six seasons.

History

The current club was officially established in 1997 but, in two previous incarnations, the club's history dates back to 1908. The original club, Fleetwood F.C., were champions of the Lancashire Combination in 1923-24, and registered a hat-trick of Lancashire Combination Cup wins in 1932, 1933 and 1934. Their goalkeeper in the first of those victories was the legendary Frank Swift, then only eighteen years old. After almost sixty years as a Lancashire Combination club, they were made founder members of the Northern Premier League in 1968, finishing in 10th place in their first season, and won the Northern Premier League Cup in 1971. However, the club finished bottom of the table for two successive seasons and folded in 1976 because of financial difficulties.

Re-formed in 1997 as Fleetwood Wanderers, the club was placed back in Division Two of the North West Counties Football League (now the tenth tier of the English League system) and a sponsorship deal saw the club's name immediately changed to Fleetwood Freeport F.C.. The club was promoted to Division One in 1999 and renamed Fleetwood Town F.C. in 2002. Tony Greenwood was appointed manager in 2003, and soon afterward, Andy Pilley took over as chairman. Successive promotions as North West Counties Football League champions in 2005 and Northern Premier League First Division runners-up in 2006 saw the club reach the Northern Premier League Premier Division. Another succesful season and promotion saw them reach the Blue Square North and after just 2 seasons there the club have reached the Blue Square Premier.

Highbury

Highbury Stadium is a football stadium in Fleetwood, Lancashire, England with Wyre Borough Council as the landlords. It is the home ground of Fleetwood Town and is also used for home matches by Blackpool F.C. reserves. According to a press release by club Chief Executive Steve Curwood on 28 November 2008, the ground has a capacity of 3663 people.

The Cod men!

0,,10326~4649375,00.jpg

No not that one, the team:

(Current playing squad)

No. Position Player

— GK Craig Dootson

— GK Daniel Hurst

— DF Shaun Beeley

— DF Peter Cavanagh

— DF Simon Grand

— DF John Hills

— DF Steve McNulty

— DF Michael Taylor

— DF Alan Wright

— MF Sean Clancy

— MF Anthony Barry

— MF Ian Craney

— MF Steven Connors

— MF Jamie McGuire

— MF Jamie Milligan

— MF James Mullan

— MF Nathan Pond

— MF Steve Torpey

— FW Nick Rogan

— FW Gareth Seddon

— FW Lee Thorpe

— FW Adam Warlow

Reccomended edits

. Edit those ^ players into the squad.

. Edit the finances higher - Transfer budget: £100,000 is more accurate and a remaining was budget of £8000.

. I would also edit the chairman as a sugar daddy, foreground because of the huge amount of money been invested into the club in real life.

ah good to see a fleetwood thread up and running

im currenlty in 2017 and sitting in the play-offs of the championship and its a tough job trying to get out of the league.. this is my third season in the championship..

will post more later

• 3 weeks later...

Just got fleetwood into the champions league after only two season in the prem :D. missed out on europe last year because the winners of the league cup got in instead of me... was giving 32 million to spend last year and mad some quailty signings plus a few youth players for the future

• 1 month later...

I'm in 2021 now with my Fleetwood team, 3 times Champions League winners, but it's been hard work! I've played 4-1-3-2 (3x MC's) since the start, as I think Fleetwood lacked for wingers at the start?

Some of the signings I made in the first few season

Season 1 - BSN

DC - James McCarten 40k from Everton. Spent my entire transfer funds bringing him in during the first season, stayed with me as a first team regular up until Championship level

Signed Michall Dolinajec, Amadou Kouman and Jamie Winter on free transfers, and raided Blackburn and Blackpool for any youth scraps, along with Liam Darville from parent club Leeds.

Archived