[FM 16] Home is where you hang your hat

BrnwsBucksFanNC

So I have really been enjoying the save I have been playing and advancing through the coaching ranks, but I have continued to follow the amateur side I started my career with and have seen them continue to advance and improve so it got me thinking about what it would be like to start with an amateur side and see how far they could actually go. The more I thought about it, the more intriguing it became and so this save was born...

This one is being set up with me being a 19 year old American/English Sunday league player and no coaching experience. I will not leave unless I get fired. I have also decided to not ask to be sent on any coaching courses. I want to see what the club can do. I have loaded the Level 23 DB and will not take any job above Level 14 to start with. My goal is to get hired at the lowest level side I can find that will give me a job. I will sim until January 2016 and then start looking for a position.

3gKx2.png

So hopefully I can get a job soon and get this started.

This may take more time than I thought to even get a job at this point. I want to find a club that I like since my plan is to stay with them until I get fired. I want to get a name, and team colors I can live with. I have had a couple of positions open up, but I cant do well with the bright colors, hard for my ole eyes to see good with.

Start of my Career

I decided to just wait to the end of the season before I took a job and settled on Hartfield. They finished 3rd in the league and wont get automatic promotion, or relegation this season.

37UYW.png

Like most of the sides at this level the players are all on "non-contracts" so I will start signing players immediately. The coaching staff is abysmal, the only one I may keep is the head physio. I have the whole off-season to get things in order and will post another update as soon as there is something to update.

I did something a little different as well, I asked to be judged on 2 things, I want to play attacking football and I want to bring in younger players to start on the side. I may mess that one up some since these guys are really young (16) but I wanted to be judged on something other than just if I can win or not.

I know this may seem odd to most who look for more top-flight challenges, but I just would like to see how far I can actually take a side. I wont be simming any games and I wont do a -save-rinse-and repeat, so this will be the way it plays out.

One note of clarification, if the club wants to send me on a coaching course I will go, I just wont ask to be sent on one.

I am excited to see how far this can actually go. Oh, it is interesting to see how the manager changes in the game mimic real life, LVG was sacked at the end of the season...

Thanks for reading

Archived