adding / expanding a league

dkrainer

So I am very new to editor and it seems very daunting. Ive played around with it a bit and looked online to try and figure this out but to no avail so far. I was wondering if anyone could please help me figure out how I would be able to add teams to a league without messing up the leagues or competitions. I am trying to add a few teams to the MLS considering they are actually expanding. I am trying to add two teams in 2015 and have the league expand in 2016 with an additional two teams. For 2015 I am trying to create two new teams, LAFC and Atlanta United FC. For 2016 I am trying to have Minnesota United move up from the NASL to the MLS and have Sacramento Republic move up from the USL to the MLS. Sacramento Im not sure about considering I might also want to add the Miami team that Beckham is creating. Really, if its possible, Im open to adding two more teams in 2017 too but I don't know how much that would complicate things. Ive played around with this and it seems every time I screw up one of the leagues rules or something goes wrong. I would really appreciate if someone could give me any help, thank you!

is this correct, its from an older version of the game. please respond.

And if you want to learn to do it yourself, you can see what to do following these steps (it's how I solved the Segunda B3 having 21 teams and allowed 20):

1.- Open the editor and load the database as per needed first step.

2.- Add new nation rules

3. - Add new leagues to existing nation, choose the nation.

4.- In competitions look for the league you want to change and write down its unique ID (let's call it UID)

4.- Without touching anything, save it as an xml (uncompressed).

5.- Open the .xml file with notepad.

6.- Let's say the league is currently 10 teams max. Search "10" (quotes included) and then next until you find a line that looks like maximum_teams="10". Some lines above, not too far there will be a line specifying the league it belongs to with the ID number, so check it's UID. If it's UID, you change 10 to the value you want, if not, look for another.

7.- Don't stop in the first instance, there may be more. Repeat 6 until no more are found.

8.- Save and you've got the change done.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived