[FM 15.3] - CitcaTactiC - impressive results

edit: updated v2

I was looking for a 15.3 tactic that was good by itself, not using any set pieces exploit, this one has a good base to work on. Set pieces exploit gets very old quick and it doesnt actually tell if the tactic is really good or its just overperforming by exploiting the short corners.

I was also looking for a 2-striker formation, since I've been trying 1 striker formation forever, so this one fits nicely.

With FM2015 dying with the arrival of FM2016, I still like to play my saves, so I'm gonna share my modified version.

Playing counter mentality instead of attacking make the WBs more responsive on the defence, since I was having trouble with wider areas vs teams that go up with 2 wide players or 1 very fast wide player each side (Cuadrado, Hazard, CRonaldo, Bale, Neymar, LSuarez, when they all are fully developed CA=PA by 3rd season or so), also had to adjust overall to buildup more instead of trying to rush the attack.

I also use a structured shape cause when I get the ball on defence, I want the strikers to be in good position, dragging the defence for the mid to build up faster on counterattacks. I also didn't have good results having flexible/fluid with this setup.

Striker Setup:

2 F9s worked best for my skilled strikers, good composure/offball/decisions, decent acceleration/pace/passing with the CM(A)s and the 2 Strikers having "Play One-Two". Having at least 1 good heading/jumping helps when your team opts to activate the wingers to cross and corners. With 2 F9s you activate more the movement of the CM(A)s to move through the defence than other type of strikers, sitting deep also helps not being offside too often.

2 DLF(S) worked second best. Same idea as 2 F9s. Roaming/Channels active on both.

CF(A)/CF(S) I was using this until I came against defences of 2DMs or 3CMs that compress into the CDs and have good tackling (Chelsea after Season 3 or so). Lots of blocked shots against very defensive formations. The F9 works better against those very defensive, but the 2 CFs works against poor defences or at the beginning of the game where the midfielders and fullbacks arent so developed on tackling.

AF(A)/DLF(S) works best if you only have 1 skilled striker and the other one is still developing, the DLF gets involved way less than above setups, but still performs as a threat, dragging the fullback to open for the CM(A)/DLP.

Midfield:

The 2 CM(A) I recommend having high passing/finishing/composure and secondary longshot/decisions/offball/firsttouch tertiary flair/creativity/dribling/tackling. With the 2F9 setup they should have decent accel/pace (14+) and play one-twos, with the other strike setups the physicals can be less.

The DLP is the mid anchor on the attack, often balls are laid over him, he either chooses to pass or take a long shot. He also helps a lot on the defence pressing the opponents playmakers. He should have good tackling/composure/decisions for his defence and longshot/finishing/passing for his offensive duties. Shoots with power, killer balls, dictate tempo (if decision is high), curls ball all help him.

Wingers:

As the formation shows, its the vulnerability point of the formation, you have 1 player defending wide each side, with maybe the DM or 1 CD covering, which doesnt happen that often and if it does, it leaves the middle open for the attacking midfielders. They should be good and you have to have good backups for them.

Theyre also the most phsycal demanding of all duties since they have to cover all the wide areas of the pitch, both in defence and offence. Imperative to have high accel/pace/stamina plus good tackling/composure/decisions/crossing and not be terrible at passing/marking.

Notes:

If the team is not so good at dribling, tick off the Run at defence.

If the team overall have low flair, tick off Be Expressive.

OIs are simple, AMR/MR show on left foot, AML/ML show on right foot to avoid crosses as much as possible, show on weaker foot in central areas ST/AMCs/Ms. Tackle harder only the positions you have good tackling against. (tackling,composure,decisions)

The tactic itself doesn't use any set piece exploit, but if you have someone that has long flat throw, it significantly increases the goal chances cause you make the setup look like a corner and not a throw in, but thats fair because the AI also does that when he has long flat throwers like Azpilicueta and Chiellini (they score a lot of goals for their teams like that). I particularly like to use the DM to flat long throw in since he is neutral-side and I can let both my CDs on the back marking and my WBs free to be passed or go back if we lose possession.

The modifications have in mind playing high levels of football, I'm playing a custom League with only the best teams of Europe in it, currently doing very good (5/5 times champion as Internazionale), better than other tactics that i stripped the corner exploits, but I'm not sure how it would fare in lower leagues. In my mind it doesn't guarantee overachievement cause it doesn't have built in corner exploits, so there you go don't expect miracles.

The tactic could get better if I could defend better against said wingers/CWBs like I said, Cuadrado, Hazard, CRonaldo, Bale, Neymar, LSuarez are all a nightmare to my wingers and no matter how I tweak, once they reach their PA cap, they are unstoppable. Close down muchmore/more/less, tight marking, man mark... tried everything and still dont get satisfactory results, I still win but sometimes it looks leaky. The setup in this is the most "balanced" one, good all around but still some heart attacks against those 180+ CA wingers.

Here it is:

Download v1

Download v2

If anyone that still didnt get FM2016 or still want to play their 2015 saves can provide some feedback, I would appreciate it.

Archived