Player's main/specific strength/weakness

I'm not quite sure, how should I interpret these attributes (from player's report).

At first I thought that these are simply his good/weak points reported to you by your coach. But then I've noticed that even if something is listed as his main weakness, his appropriate attribute is not so bad at all.

For example, one of my defenders has listed marking as his main weakness. Looks bad until you check his marking attribute at his card which is 13 and is very decent one (I'm playing in League 2). Even more, it's not only decent, but it's one of his better ones: he has only few 14s, and many other attributes are below 13, some even below 10. So how come his main weakness is marking?

Another thing I don't understand is what's the meaning of "specific" weakness. Simply a secondary one, or there is a deeper meaning for it?

If the weakness is something that doesn't seem so low it usually means that that player doesn't have much weakness. So for his relative position he is slightly lower in that "weak" attribute than the other important attributes for the position. For example for a defender those would be Marking, Tackling, Heading, Positioning etc... For example if those are all 15, except Tackling is 14, then the report might say the weakness is Tackling. But in fact it wouldn't be so bad.

And "Specific" weakness is just something taken from the main weakness. E.g. If a player's weakness is physical, the specific weakness could be something inside the physical category... like Jumping or Stamina. Or if a player has a mental weakness, a specific weakness could be Concentration. So that aspect of the specific weakness is in relation to it's parent category.

Archived