FM11: Colchester United - Up The U's

CUFC_Crokey

Hello and welcome to the thread for

Colchester United on

Football Manager 2011

Colchester_badge.png

Why Play As Colchester?

With all the big boys in league one Plymouth, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough and Huddersfield all fighting for promotion can you cause an upset and get little old Colchester up into the championship, With rivals Peterborough in the league alongside you it is easy to become popular amongst the loyal Colchester supporters, Can you match chairman Robbie Cowling's Dream of one day making Colchester a premiership team only time will tell.

PMCowling.jpg?t=1291323212

Club Information

ColUBackground.jpg?t=1291319503

Full name: Colchester United Football Club

Nickname(s): The U's, Col U

Founded: 1937

Ground: The Weston Homes Community Stadium

Capacity: 10,064

Training Facilities: Average

Youth Facilities: Adequate Youth Facilities and Youth Academy

stadium_visual.jpg

Chairman: Robbie Cowling

Chairman Status: Loves The Club

Legends: Ray Crawford

Icons: Peter Wright, Kevin Lisbie, Karl Duguid, Tony Adcock, Lomano Lua Lua, Mark Kinsella, Joe Dunne

Favoured Personnel: Geraint Williams, Pat Baldwin

Fierce Rivals: Southend, Norwich, Ipswich, Wycombe

Other Rivals: Peterborough

Finances: Secure

Average Ticket Price: £24.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £460

Season Ticket Holders: 2800

Estimated Value: £3.9M

League: Coca Cola League One

Media Prediction: 8th

Team Captain: Kem Izzet

Vice Captain: Paul Reid

Kits

Home Kit: Blue and White Striped Shirts, Blue Shorts, White Socks

Away Kit: Red Shirts With Black Sleeves, Black Shorts, Black Socks

Kits.jpg?t=1291320104

Staff

Chairman: Robbie Cowling

23076.gif

Manager: John Ward

?type=display

Assistant Manager: Joe Dunne

0,,10424~3164372,00.jpg

Goalkeeper Coach: Ademola Bankole

Fitness Coach: David Carolan

Youth Coach: Tony Humes

Youth Coach: Richard Hall

Physio: Tony Flynn

Scout: Andy King

Scout: Stuart Gray

Expectations

Expectations.jpg?t=1291323120

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

#1 Ben Williams - First Choice Goalkeeper Who The U's Signed From Carlisle, Injured Until September In-Game

#12 Mark Cousins - Sub Goalkeeper Who Is A Product Of Colchester's Youth Academy

#35 Carl Pentney - Reserve Goalkeeper Who Joined In The Summer After Being Released By Leicester

Centre Backs

#4 Magnus Okuonghae - First Choice Centre Back Who Signed For The U's From Dagenham, Beast As He Is Known By U's Fans Can Quite Easily Play At Championship Level And Is One Of The Clubs Best Players

#5 Pat Baldwin - Third Choice CB Who Is Easily Good Enough For Most League One Teams And Is Perfect Cover For Magnus And Reid

#6 Paul Reid - The Second Best Centre Back In The Squad, Not Quite As Useful As Okuonghae But Still A Very Good Defender At League One Level And Can Also Make The Step Up To Championship Level

#28 Matt Heath - A Decent CB Who Is Not Useful For Much More Than Cover, But With 3 Very Good CB's He Will Not Be Needed Very Much

Full Backs

#3 Lee Beevers -

#23 Marc Tierney -

#24 Ben Coker - Injured Until Late September

#25 John White -

#30 Morten Knudsen - Injured Until Mid December

Centre Midfielders

#8 John-Joe O'Toole - Injured Until The New Year

#10 Kem Izzet -

#14 Andy Bond -

#17 Dave Perkins -

#26 Lloyd James -

#32 Sam Corcoran -

Wide Midfielders

#7 Ashley Vincent -

#11 Simon Hackney -

#16 Ian Henderson -

#20 Brian Wilson -

#21 Medy Elito -

#22 Anthony Wordsworth -

Strikers

#15 Kayode Odejayi -

#18 Steven Gillespie - Injured Until Early September

#19 David Mooney -

Youth Prospects

Bender, Hamilton, Cranmer and Ladapo

Nice op CUFC_Crokey.

Got Col Utd promoted 1st place to the Championship...then could'nt buy a win when I got there!

Febian Brandy is a MUST buy upfront as a poacher with big Kayode Odejayi as a target man.

Ben Williams, Marc Tierney, Paul Reid, Wordsworth, Magnus all worth keeping and can play championship level. The rest should be sold asap.

My advice is get a parent club when you start the game. I was lucky and got Man Utd. Managed to get Robbie Brady on the left wing for the first season and Bebe on the right when I got to the championship.

Nice op CUFC_Crokey.

Got Col Utd promoted 1st place to the Championship...then could'nt buy a win when I got there!

Febian Brandy is a MUST buy upfront as a poacher with big Kayode Odejayi as a target man.

Ben Williams, Marc Tierney, Paul Reid, Wordsworth, Magnus all worth keeping and can play championship level. The rest should be sold asap.

My advice is get a parent club when you start the game. I was lucky and got Man Utd. Managed to get Robbie Brady on the left wing for the first season and Bebe on the right when I got to the championship.

Thanks its not quite finished yet, as you probably have noticed, I agree with Brandy he really is a class act and scores buckets full, any other recommendations?

Thanks its not quite finished yet, as you probably have noticed, I agree with Brandy he really is a class act and scores buckets full, any other recommendations?

Depending what formation you play, a new right back is needed. I bought Eric Cubilier on a free at the start and he was very impressive. Sold Mark Cousins for nothing to Macclesfield and loaned that Polish Arsenal reserve keeper for the season as backup to Williams. Right wing is also a problem with this team as Brian Wilson is more of a right back and Ashley Vincent is sh**.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone playing as Colchester? I'm 2 seasons in. Won league 1 in my first season then finished 9th in the Championship in season 2. I'm wondering if there is likely to be a takeover or any chance of stadium expansion because I can see the current 10,000 capacity holding me back. I'm struggling to keep within the wage budget and it's rather frustrating.

Archived