Happy New Year all!

Yes, I'm back for another blatant plug on behalf of us all at TI. Hold on a minute, don't dismiss this out of hand though... We promised developments in the new year and we are not about to disappoint.

Since I last posted, we have brought in Shadowalk to the staff team. He approached us with a few ideas and very generous propositions which we have welcomed warmly. We've added him as Administrator and given his fantastic history of success on the Scene, his experience will be a valuable asset to us.

In keeping with the "new" theme, I feel it's time to announce a few new touches that you'll be seeing in the near future. We can proudly announce that Throw-In will be undergoing a full-scale makeover to a level which, we hope, will set us apart from every other site on the Scene today. We will be replacing our main site, content management system and forum software as well as introducing a brand new seamless integration between the main site and the forums. A new image for the new year and for the hope over a new horizon.

We are investing heavily in all of this, it certainly won't come cheaply, but we guarantee that our members will never have to pay a penny to access any of our content. Our content, be it large or small, popular or not, will always be free to our members. We don't believe that anyone coming to our site should pay to access content.

Back to the here and now, we hope you'll join us over at Throw-In with the promise that, in the coming few days, we are to announce an FM2009 competition open to everyone with some terrific prizes to play for. More details in a few days!

Kind Regards,

The Throw-In Team.

Throw-In Main Site

Throw-In Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Right guys, it's the announcement we've been bursting at the seams to release.

As we mentioned in our last update, we've been putting together a plan for a new FM tournament and now that we have everything in place, we have opened up for sign-ups! The Throw-In Online Gaming Series (TIOGS for short) is an FM competition where players take part in a series of online games all across the FM world. Points are awarded depending on your level of success in each country and all the points are added at the end of the series to determine our winners. We also want FM'ers to experience leagues they may not have considered playing themselves so in later games, we will play in unorthodox leagues. This is also sponsored by SEGA so this is, as far as we know, the Scene's only official FM competition.

Want to know more or sign up? Visit us at Throw-In using this link to get to the subforum.

http://www.throw-in.com/forums/index.php?showforum=35

Also, our newest addition to the staff team, H, is on the case with an official TI data update. The update will cover all British domestic transfers and major European ones, as well as changes to any data currently in the game (player attributes, positions, club finances, manager changes, etc).

If you feel you could lend a hand, please visit the update forum via this link.

http://www.throw-in.com/forums/index.php?showforum=38

Finally, we are expecting our site overhaul to be completed within this month. As I mentioned the last time, this will be a full scale renovation. A Woolworths-esque "Everything must go" blowout. Our newest admin Shadowalk is working closely with our professional to ensure his visions for TI2009 become a reality. Please keep your eye out for this, we can assure you that you will not be disappointed. We will be looking to get some preview images in the coming days so when we get those, you'll be the first to know.

All that is left is to hope that this finds you well and that you'll come over and see what we have to offer.

Kindest Regards,

The Throw-In Team.

On the update front, it's almost ready for release.

A BETA version will be released tomorrow, available to anyone who PMs me on TI. So, er, if you want to test it, PM me.

I do feel the section has been somewhat neglected thus far, hence the reason I am hitting you with this post. Ideally I'd like some more info on major European changes. If you'd like to help me out with that, feel free to make a post here.

As always, the section on TI is there for you guys to suggest changes to players/clubs that you see week in, week out; please grace me with your postings over here.

Alternatively, just visit the god-damn site! :p

Archived