Help me,please!!!

I bought Football manager 2009 from Steam yesterday. The game has downloaded fully but when I attempt to launch the game this error appears:

could not use database location 'C:/program files/sports interactive/football manager 2009/dataupdates/update-910/db/910'-reverting to the default location.

If I click ok to allow this,the game starts to launch and loads up until the war child music screen.The screen then goes blank and nothing happens. I have installed & uninstalled it three times now.

I also got my product key from steam. When I try to activate the product it tells me that my brand new key is invalid!!!!?????

On further inspection I opened up my C:/ drive and can only find a steam folder. There is usually a sports interactive file where everything is stored.This is the usual folder but it seem all my info is in the c:/program files/steam folder.

I'm very dissapointed with the hassle I have had with this download after spending £30 and will be demanding a full refund if this is not fixed soon.

Anybody else had this problem? What is the next step? I mailed steam but they dont even seem to reply. Also I have downloaded and installed the patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived