crashing and burning with spurs

As a spurs fan naturally with fm09 ive wanted to create my own revolution with my club like i have done in fm07 and fm 08 where ive had games with spurs where ive won numerous leage title and champions leagues etc. In 09 ive started about 5 different games with spurs and rarely got to january (never been sacked, just bailed on it cos it was p!ss!ng me off).

Ive just started a new game with spurs and i feel ive made the best preparation for the start of the season (signings, using tugs training preset etc) but i still cant make anything happen, i have 1 point after 4 league games losing my two home games 3-1 against boro and 4-2 against the toon.

Ive signed balotelli, veloso, rossi, marcelo(loan) and caceres(loan) and got rid of dawson, bent, the prince, BAE and zokora

ive never really been a tactition in fm and can rarely get my own tactics to work so im using the goals galore tactic thats somewhere on this forum but ive made a few adjustments like setting pav to a deeper target man role and making my full backs keep the ball more but all still to no avail.

I'm not expecting miracles in my first season but just looking for any tips that might help me in my quest to make the mighty yid army (long overdue) the greatest football club in the world.

also if u want any info from me, any screenshots etc just let me know. cheers

ive also posted this in the T&TT thread first, but dont know how to delete original thread or move it here, sorry for duplicating :o

Archived