Player overload! Who to sell or retrain?

First of all i would like to say that the new FM is pretty cool. Once i finally installed the game and got it going i could see my university work seeming less important.

As a United fan i started my first save with them, although once ive got a good feel for the game i will look to start a new save with a harder challenge. So i started the game and after reading a few threads on this forum scouted out a few of the players people had recommended. My assistant manager had said the midfield needed strengthening and with hargreaves injured for awhile i decided to go looking at central midfielders, Diarra and Moutinho in particular. After a few bits of wheeling and dealing i had sold 4 players and bought in 5 including both Diarra and Moutinho as i couldn't decide who to buy out of the two and like them both. I now realise this may have been a mistake as i now have 4 central midfielders (Hargreaves, Carrick, Moutinho and Diarra) + Anderson and Scholes (however im thinking this will be his last season). Now all my players are fit ive got the problem of who to play and don't want to keep rotating week in week out and doing a Benitez. The majority of the time i play a 4-4-2 like so (had to put dots in so it would show the positions correctly, with the attempt at arrows shown by dashes and sideward v's):

....... LB---> .......LW--->

...<---CB ......CM---> .......ST

GK

...<---CB ......CM .............ST

....... RB---> ...... RW--->

The attacking CM is usually Anderson or Scholes so will be needing to a replacement for Scholes come the end of the season. However that leaves me with one position and 4 players. Now i get round this by sometimes playing Diarra at RB, however this isn't something i want to do regularly as i feel he is best suited for a DM/CM role. So the issue is who do i sell out of the 4 as i cant realistically have 4 quality players for one position, bit overkill on the depth. One option i thought is to retrain one of them, maybe Moutinho as he is already competent at it, as a Scholes replacement, leaving me just three which i think i might be able to get away with injuries and Diarra's RB/RWB abilities.

What do people think? Any ideas/suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance

You could teach moutinho attack mid, sell hargreaves for good money as he gets injured loads, then when scholes is past it look for a young player as 5th choice and you can produce him for when carrick hits 30's. Maybe steven defour

Archived