Being offered players

Rb

Now, being a self professed FM veteran I have found in my 3 seasons of playing FM09 thus far that I tend to get offered an awful lot of players by clubs, a lot of which I haven't shortlisted and have absolutely no interest in.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this situation, and although it isn't a big issue I thought I would spark some sort of debate on what peoples views on this "feature" are.

Obviously its the same as us offering players to them, but what I would be interested to see in future versions is perhaps you could set what type of players you are currently interested in.

For example. I've signed a much improved right back in the summer (Vanden Borre), and come the January transfer window I have been offered around 3 or 4 right backs since then. Now this is all well and good, but none of them were up to the standard of Anthony. So perhaps if we had the option of announcing (maybe via the media when they ask you if you're going to improve in some areas) you are interested in such and such positions to improve upon, then it triggers what you are offered. Instead of the current bombardment of random players.

Just an idea. I'd like to know others views on this.

In addition to this I've also noticed that I get players offered to me for a lot more than I can afford.

This isn't a bad thing per say. but when I've spent my seasons budget, I wouldn't mind being able to tell everyone (Again via media perhaps) that my transfer spending is over :)

Archived