FM 2009: how do you get the best out of your wingers I.e robinho, ronaldo

With the arrows now gone :( anyone have any idea of how to get the best out your wingers??

With Aaron Lennon I just set him to run with ball often and he runs to the byline and cuts inside and pulls the ball across the penalty area.

I guess it would be nice to identify the different wingers and styles. I think I described the way Lennon should play pretty well. Bentley, Beckham, etc. style of winger don't have the pace to beat a man but with good build up play could work there way into space and get a cross in or cross from deep.

Robinho and Ronaldo have the skill and ability to do anything I feel. Go wide to the byline and cross or work in and pull the ball back, cross from deep or cut inside from deep and charge at goal.

Then there is also the winger that would cut inside, usually from the left.

So perhaps others can offer there opinions on how to use these different types of wingers.

With the arrows now gone :( anyone have any idea of how to get the best out your wingers??

What arrows? On the tactics screen? For players to make forward runs? They are still there.

Otherwise, use focused passing on the left or right wing. And increase your width. And set the player individually to make forward runs.

Archived