Help with some tactics pls

Hi I was wondering if I could get ppls advice on the following issues: (I am manging Inter btw)

a)Does playing offside trap help...I know teams in real life all use it...but I was never able to see any clear cut advantage in fm. Also should I play it with deep defensive line or push forward to work.

b)I like to play a 4-1-2-2(wingers)-1 formation...with the lone striker being a target man. Would playing him on a free role help...I thought that by doing that he would also come deeper to get the ball...sort of like drogba plays :p But unfortunately Ibrahimovic is just not scoring right now for my inter side.

c)Again about the striker...should I have him hold up the ball with the free role?

d)Finally do you play counter attack or does that ruin the tempo and therefore completely ruins the chance of an organised attack.

Appreciate any comments thanks :)

Hi I was wondering if I could get ppls advice on the following issues: (I am manging Inter btw)

a)Does playing offside trap help...I know teams in real life all use it...but I was never able to see any clear cut advantage in fm. Also should I play it with deep defensive line or push forward to work.

b)I like to play a 4-1-2-2(wingers)-1 formation...with the lone striker being a target man. Would playing him on a free role help...I thought that by doing that he would also come deeper to get the ball...sort of like drogba plays :p But unfortunately Ibrahimovic is just not scoring right now for my inter side.

c)Again about the striker...should I have him hold up the ball with the free role?

d)Finally do you play counter attack or does that ruin the tempo and therefore completely ruins the chance of an organised attack.

Appreciate any comments thanks :)

Sounds like your playing an advanced 4-3-3, good way to get the your lone forward into the game would be to drop his mentality below your highest attacking midfielder and I would say hold up th ball could work not sure if with a free role.

I only play offside if I have my defensive line very high and counter attack against the stronger teams.

I would say that a free role and hold the ball up can be used together. My interpretation of the free role is that the player will 'roam' from his position to seek the ball, thus making him more available for passes. So if he drifts wide, then he could hold the ball up for the attacking midfielder & wingers to bomb on forward and he can pick his pass. Obviously Stregnth, First Touch, Passing and Techinque are very important attributes alongside the usual flair and creativity.

Archived