scottish league rules

Premier league - bottom team down

Division 1 winners up, bottom down and second bottom into play offs

Division 2 - winners up, 2nd, 3rd and 4th into play offs, bottom relegated and 2nd bottom into 3rd division play off

Division 3 - winners up ans 2nd 3rd and 4th into play offs.

The play off winners in each division go up and the other 3 go down or stay down depending on what division they were in.

Sorry didn't read the last bit about europe.

First goes into the champions league qualifying round 3, second into champions league qual round 2.

Third in SPL into uefa cup along with winners of the scottish cup.

No european place for 4th or for winners of the league cup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael McGrorty:

In real life the winner of the SPL gets automatic entry into the Champions League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, they are currently one spot in the co-efficient below what is required for an automatic slot. Therefore however if Barcelona win tonight then as they finished in the automatic place in spain, the next nation in the list (scotland) get that automatic place (celtic... so celtic want barcelona to win, if arsenal win, they go through qualifying).

The original question asked was , I assume, meant to be answered about football manager handheld and in the game the winners of the spl do not get straight into the champions league groups even though in real life celtic now will be straight through next season.

I have posted a few times about a problem I had, the co-efficient in the game never changes so you could win the champions league every year in FMH as rangers or celtic and yet you would still have to play in the qualifying round the next season.

Very annoying.

Archived