Zooming in the camera in 3D to remove the ugly emptiness around the pitch?

Now that the pitch texture issue has been solved, it just hit me that the empty borders of the stadium are so obvious and ugly because the wide angle of the camera. We don't need new stadiums. The answer is much simpler.

A view of the pitch from the sideline to sideline, not goal to goal, would be enough to hide the emptiness around the stadium.

So, anyone know can we zoom in the camera in, is there a file that can be modified, change some numbers to tweak the zoom?

They are fixed cameras and they are designed to give the best overview of the action. It would be silly in my opinion to change the zoom level to sort something like this, to the detriment of viewing the action.

Enlighten me what action can you see outside the pitch? Cheerleaders?

It is EMPTY and it looks BAD, and does not help to the game immersion. What is so silly or hard to understand?

If you adjust the camera just enough to mask the bad stuff, you will not lose anything worth of interest on the pitch, au contraire, you will have more detail and bigger players.

The only reason to zoom out so much, could be only if the players have no texture details and/or their texture mapping is so bad that everybody would notice instantly.

The nicer thing is to have a slider and adjust the zoom as you want, but I dont hold my breath. This is the reason why I asked here, maybe the people who MOD this game can do something about.

Enlighten me what action can you see outside the pitch? Cheerleaders?

It is EMPTY and it looks BAD, and does not help to the game immersion. What is so silly or hard to understand?

If you adjust the camera just enough to mask the bad stuff, you will not lose anything worth of interest on the pitch, au contraire, you will have more detail and bigger players.

The only reason to zoom out so much, could be only if the players have no texture details and/or their texture mapping is so bad that everybody would notice instantly.

The nicer thing is to have a slider and adjust the zoom as you want, but I dont hold my breath. This is the reason why I asked here, maybe the people who MOD this game can do something about.

+1 here :thup:

This is the first FM I am playing, but I have tried the competition. Still not decided on the one I will buy...

FIFA Manager 09 have a fixed camera but is much closer to the pitch, plus, they have a small coloseup movie, when something significant is happening on the pitch and in the background I can see the spectators cheering. The players are more detailed. It get you involved.

The pitch texture in FM09 looks like a swamp, and the empty spaces around destroy the suspension of disbelief. I can not connect emotionaly with my team like I do in FIFA. Not that the looks are everything, the speed option is nice and the management is more complex in FM 09, sometime that is goo, sometime is bad.

Exemple: complexity wise, I did not find yet how to change players while the match is going, if I want to do it I can do it only at half time. The menu is to convoluted in my opinion and have to go through loops for even the simpler things.

Can someone from SI comment on this?

Archived