Computer specs.....

Hi i am about to buy a new desktop with these specs.....What do you all reckon? Will it be able to play FM09 smoothly and quickly??

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor

(2.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

3GB Memory

500GB Hard Drive

Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer

256MB nVidia GeForce 7050MB Graphics

4 USB Connections

18-In-1 Card Reader

20" Widescreen TFT Monitor

If you post on this thread, can you post your computer specs please. I would be interedted to see what power everyone else has got.

Thanks!! :-)

Hi i am about to buy a new desktop with these specs.....What do you all reckon? Will it be able to play FM09 smoothly and quickly??

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor

(2.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

3GB Memory

500GB Hard Drive

Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer

256MB nVidia GeForce 7050MB Graphics

4 USB Connections

18-In-1 Card Reader

20" Widescreen TFT Monitor

If you post on this thread, can you post your computer specs please. I would be interedted to see what power everyone else has got.

Thanks!! :-)

Thats a intergrated graphics card, stay right away from it. Otherwise, the processor is fine. I've got one, what speed is the ram?

Edit: Get a Ati Radeon 4850 with it, or an Nvidia Geforce 9800gtx+.

That intergrated graphics card sucks.

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) Overclocked to 3.0ghz

Nvidia Geforce 9800gtx+

4gb 1066mhz ram

Asus Striker II Motherboard

ah right thanks, can i buy graphic cards separatly and put it in the computer?

Did you buy your computer whole or did you build it yourself?

thanks

I built it myself, and yes you can buy a graphics card seperately.

Do not pay over £275 excluding the monitor and another graphics card for that system. If you do, your getting ripped off badly.

Wow uve really lost me with all those big words but thanks. Seeing as i know nothing about computers will just prob go to PC world or sumthing and get one for about £500. I know that the PC world comps are a bit of a joke to some of the serial gamers but do you reckon they will play FM09 smoothly and quickly?

Btw i wish i had the knowledge to build my own computers. I think its something I would be pretty good at. :-)

Wow uve really lost me with all those big words but thanks. Seeing as i know nothing about computers will just prob go to PC world or sumthing and get one for about £500. I know that the PC world comps are a bit of a joke to some of the serial gamers but do you reckon they will play FM09 smoothly and quickly?

Btw i wish i had the knowledge to build my own computers. I think its something I would be pretty good at. :-)

Add me on msn, and i'll tell you the best computer for your budget. :)

Add me on msn, and i'll tell you the best computer for your budget. :)

Smeemi@hotmail[dot]com

Sorry mate i dont actually have Msn.

but im looking at the Nvidia Geforce 9800gtx+ graphics card and reckon if i get a shiney pc world pc, ill make sure its compatable and put this card in it.

Sorry mate i dont actually have Msn.

but im looking at the Nvidia Geforce 9800gtx+ graphics card and reckon if i get a shiney pc world pc, ill make sure its compatable and put this card in it.

Pcworld are a joke with computers :p

Its a rip off, and they don't give you much for your money.

Such as, they sell a computer for £599.99. When i could of built that for the same spec (or better), for around £250.

Yeh i thought as much, but if you dont know anything about comps you are paying a fair price. How hard is it to build comp from scratch? im good with my hands, (work in the manual trade) and willing to give stuff a go. I suppose once youve done one once then it'll be easier.

Yeh i thought as much, but if you dont know anything about comps you are paying a fair price. How hard is it to build comp from scratch? im good with my hands, (work in the manual trade) and willing to give stuff a go. I suppose once youve done one once then it'll be easier.

People think its very hard, but in my opinion - its not hard at all.

All you need is:

A

- Case

- Cd/dvd drive (optional)

- Power Supply Unit

- Processor

- Motherboard

- Hard-drive

- Ram

- Heatsink/fan

- Graphics card (optional, as the motherboard could have a intergrated graphics card itself).

Takes me about twenty minutes to build a computer, but takes me a bit longer to sort the cables out etc. :)

Archived