Biggest problem I have with all the FMH games

OK I dont want to rant here but I am asking if this problem has been changed in 09...

When you play a uefa cup match on a thursday and then have to play a league match on the saturday with your whole team at 80% fitness.

This has been a problem in the game from the original game and I cant believe it hasnt been fixed so that your club play games on a sunday after playing on the thursday.

Also an issue for me is when you play in scotland you always have to play the qualifying round for the champions league no matter how successful you have been in past years, a team which has won the champions league in the last couple of seasons would never have to qualify!

Hopefully both of these are fixed but i'll wait and see.

There actually was an instance not long ago when Liverpool won against i think AC Milan, but failed to qualify in the top 4. FIFA also thought the same thing as yourself, in that it would be stupid if the European champion could not enter that same competition the following year to defend itself. But FIFA changed it so that if the European champion did not qualify through their domestic league, they would start from the first qualifying round of the Champions League. Getting back to the point made about Scottish teams having to qualify, you'll find that the team that finishes top, automatically qualify for the Group Stage the following year, and the second team will qualify for the third round of qualifying. I do agree with the first point that you made of being able to apply for an extra day of rest if you play mid-week. Even though it wont be enough to get players above 90% condition, it will be enough for you to use them as subs.

Archived