FM 09 MLS Questions

Hoping this is the right place to ask these questions, but I have some about MLS

a) I've heard a few times on the MLS website what the yearly salary cap is, but what is the weekly cap on FM 09?

b) Are the draft picks correct? e.g. atm, Toronto holds 3 first round draft picks for the 2009 SuperDraft in a few months.

Therefore, will Toronto have 3 first round picks or just 1?

c) Although Seattle Sounders F.C. aren't playable on the game due to the licence, will the database contain their players?

e.g. last year, in one patch for FM08, San Jose were a club in the database, albeit non-playable and had their players after the expansion draft and SuperDraft (like Garcia, Riley and Salinas etc). Will the original release/release day patch) have similar for Seattle (e.g. Keller, Le Toux, Nyassi and Ljungberg) or will this be in (at a guess), a 9.0.2 patch?

Thanks, alexw

Hoping this is the right place to ask these questions, but I have some about MLS

a) I've heard a few times on the MLS website what the yearly salary cap is, but what is the weekly cap on FM 09?

b) Are the draft picks correct? e.g. atm, Toronto holds 3 first round draft picks for the 2009 SuperDraft in a few months.

c) Although Seattle Sounders F.C. aren't playable on the game due to the licence, will the database contain their players?

e.g. last year, in one patch for FM08, San Jose were a club in the database, albeit non-playable and had their players after the expansion draft and SuperDraft (like Garcia, Riley and Salinas etc). Will the original release/release day patch) have similar for Seattle (e.g. Keller, Le Toux, Nyassi and Ljungberg) or will this be in (at a guess), a 9.0.2 patch?

Thanks, alexw

I wish SI would release the WWSM Demo, then you would have the answers to atleast 2 of your questions. I really don't know the answers to your questions.

Thanks, alexw

a) The weekly cap should be the yearly salary cap divided by 52, which comes out to about $44k per week.

b) I have no idea.

c) Another post answered that Keller and Lungberg would start as free agents. I would assume Le Toux would remain in the Sounders USL team.

Dumb question, but in the Demo I just downloaded, Real Salt Lake has like two real people on it, the rest are just fake guys.

Is this going to be changed in the release? Will I have a full side for RSL to play with?

When the full release comes out and MLS is playable, there will be real players.

The demo uses a tiny database.

a) The weekly cap should be the yearly salary cap divided by 52, which comes out to about $44k per week.

b) I have no idea.

c) Another post answered that Keller and Lungberg would start as free agents. I would assume Le Toux would remain in the Sounders USL team.

For the first question, I know that, but I'm wondering what the actual cap is on the game

Disappointing about Seattle then

With regards Designated Players, I also need to ask:

will this use up 400k of the yearly salary cap per real life, or will be a separate monetary function like in FM 08?

Archived