Graphic Card Help!

len

Apologies as i myself have noticed a number of these threads being bounced around the forums since demo release. Like many others i need to upgrade my gc in order to get 3d on the new game.

Not wanting to spend too much being a student and all but was looking into a NVidia SWEEX GeForce 8400 with 512Mb of DDR ram.

Would that work with the new game?

Recently upgraded memory which is above the game spec as well is my process although i have gathered that the graphics card is what allows for the 3d whereas the others apply to the speed of game and size of database? is this correct or am i being an idiot?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Len

Apologies as i myself have noticed a number of these threads being bounced around the forums since demo release. Like many others i need to upgrade my gc in order to get 3d on the new game.

Not wanting to spend too much being a student and all but was looking into a NVidia SWEEX GeForce 8400 with 512Mb of DDR ram.

Would that work with the new game?

Recently upgraded memory which is above the game spec as well is my process although i have gathered that the graphics card is what allows for the 3d whereas the others apply to the speed of game and size of database? is this correct or am i being an idiot?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Len

Yes. providing it has the right connection PCI PCI-E or AGP for you machine.

I'm amazed people seem to find this so baffling. SI have said that the minimum is a Geforce 5900, so any geforce model with a higher number, that's anything from a series 6 upwards) that has the minimum required amount of memory will be fine. It's that simple!

Archived