Join The FMFormation Revolution!

logov5.png

FMFormation is an unofficial Football Manager site, that gives people access to see the hottest tactics and players, as well as providing them a place to ask questions and have general chat about the game.

FMFormation was created on February 25th 2006. by “Bozza” and “Spanish” and currently has around 65,000 members! Soon after the site was created, “Tazskool” was made an administrator to give a bit of extra help, unfortunately, he stepped down as an admin after a while, but the role has recently been filled by “Fedorico Roma Fan”. The administrators make the site run smoothly, doing the graphics layouts, keeping the forums in order and banning any naughty members! The administrators have red names on the site!

As well as having these 3 administrators, the site also has a number of moderators. These moderators have the job of looking after the forums, while the administrators are busy. The current moderators are “John10” and “Evertonfan”, while the two trial moderators are “Veggismurf” and “WozzaWolves”. Previous moderators include; Fedorico Roma Fan (now an administrator), Y2Stu, Hicapaul, Scholesy18, Lukeharmz, Boyce, Bam, Peteranthony01 and Ronaldhino. Many of which, still frequent visit the site!! The full moderators will be seen on the site with oranges names, while the trial moderators have blue names.

On top of this, there has also been a Graphics crew. This consisted of Soultaker, Tubez, US_Arsenal, Aldo, Zedd, Kav, Kaka, czEdison and WCR46. These members made extra graphics for in the game. Such as logos, kits, skins and backgrounds. Which was an excellent part of the site, that I am sure drew many members to it.

Recently, a “writing team” has been introduced into the FMF community. The current members of this group are; Liveru, Hartynips, abbeatty2209 and the leader, John10. This group, as the name suggests, are the writers of the site. They are the ones that organise all the guides and articles, on the forums, and generally look after this section, and try and make it as good as possible! These members will have Lime green names.

After every transfer window, the site releases a new update, with all the latest transfers from around the world. The update is done by Fedorico Roma Fan, and Bozza, with a lot of members helping with scouting transfers from each country.

The forum is split into 6 different sections. These are;

FMFormation Home

In here you will find “announcements” and “introduction” sections, where you are able to see any news from the site, and also new members can say hello and introduce themselves!

Football Manager 2008

This section is divided up into lots of subsections, that you can talk about the latest Football Manager game.

FMF Database Update

This is where members can discuss the latest update from the site. And can point out any issues and ask any questions they have!

General Discussion

This section is for general questions and chat about Football Manager, where members can go to share opinions about the game.

Scouting Network

This section is used for members to post any great players they have found on the game, if it is wonder kids, or golden oldies, this section has them all!

Tactics & Training

Looking for a tactic to improve you team? This section is where to go. Members post their own tactics and training schedules here, as well as giving opinions about others!

The Online World

Here is a chance to find someone to play a network game with!

Challenge Me

Members post their own challenges, so members have an extra edge in the game. Some hard, some easy.

Your Current Game

A chance for members to share their game with everyone. And show off their managing talents!

Writers Section

Stories from members are posted here, from the life of some of the managers, to battles in the leagues!

Custom Databases

This section is used to discuss and download databases that people have customized.

Guides and Articles

The guides and articles is the reading and writing end of FM. So if you think you need advice on certain players or guides on leagues and clubs, this is the place for you.

FMFormation Graphics

This section is used for members to discuss different graphics from FMFormation!

FMFormation Third Half

General chit chat about real life is done in here. Whether it is betting “VBucks” on a sport event, playing games in the “About Nothing” section or even making signatures and avatars in the “GFX” section. It is all done in here!

Football Manager Live

A chance to discuss the new online Football Manager game!

Football Manager Series

Find information and discussion about the old football manager games here!

As well as all of these sections, there is the popular “Shoutbox” which can be used to ask a quick question about your game, or to meet new people and discuss your game with someone else! There is always people in here, that are welcoming and friendly!

The site also includes a “Special features” section, in here you will find an Arcade to kill a bit of time when you’re bored, the vBookie section, where you can gamble away your vBucks and it also has the section in which you can donate!

Members opinions

I asked 4 members a set of questions about the site, here is how they responded;

What brings you back to FMF every day?

Scholesy18: The forums mostly, enjoy catching up on people’s adventures on FM, also sharing mine too.

Y2Stu: The main thing is the shoutbox, as I think there are better sites that offer better downloads.

Hartynips:I think more than anything it’s the variety of characters we have on the site. I enjoy the forums and other bits, but fundamentally, being an active part of the community is fantastic. I’ve made some good friends on here in the last 8 or so months. Another thing I like is being able to put content back into FMF and its great to see anything you produce is usually met with welcome responses.

Jonners71 : I think I've got most of the downloads I want so it is the forums that keep me coming back. I like to follow other peoples games and read their opinions.

What is your favourite part of FMF?

Scholesy18: I spend most my time in the shoutbox when online mate, good to catch up with other members although the forums are a good place to do this as well.

Y2Stu: My favourite part is the shoutbox. I have had some great chats on there, and met some nice people. It can be a pain in the arse when people abuse the shoutbox and ruin it for others. But u take the good with the bad.

Hartynips: Apart from the General Discussions section I'm a massive fan of the Stories forum. It’s amazing how much writing talent we have on here and that’s why I'm glad to be a part of the writers crew to help the site shape this area.

Jonners71 : The Football World forum

What feature would you like to see introduced into FMF?

Scholesy18: Bring back the goal of the month competition!!

Y2Stu: I wouldn't mind seeing some more skins. I would like to have a personal feel to the website where I can change the skins to suit what I like.

Hartynips: Sounds really daft, I’d love to see a FM manager "table football" game or something similar introduced into the site. I think it would be a great laugh if you're on here and there's not much to do or say. But otherwise with everything we have here I'm not sure how much you could improve things here.

Jonners71 : Not sure as I think it is pretty good as it is but maybe something to encourage new members to get involved. Sometimes it feels like the same small crowd do all the posting when there are so many members who don't get the best out of the forums as they never post

What do you think could be improved on FMF?

Scholesy18: Perhaps a better organisation of the forums, I know Bozza has a lot of work on his hands running the site and the mods too, but a lot of the times I come across pointless posts which makes things look messy.

Y2Stu: I think the whole mod team (minus 1) should be given a kick up the backside. If you can't be active resign your position. Also the shoutbox fiasco, If people are abusing each other and can't keep their personal attacks out of it, they need to be banned. No questions asked. Mods/Admins need to crack down on people like these and enforce those rules. Also get rid of the fm06 files etc... who still plays that game :s I don't mind keeping FM07 stuff but how far back do we want to go?

Hartynips: I don’t like the shoutbox at the bottom I'm still not used to it. I'd also like to see members not able to post things for 48 hours till after they join. If they were serious they would of course come back after the 48 hour probation. That way might solve some of the spamming problems like why the Scouting networks is full of crap half the time-duplicated posts etc., or why every now and then we see complete rubbish in the forums.

Jonners71 : I think it is already going in the right direction. The guides competitions etc. are a great way of making people be creative and some might realise they can do things they didn't know they could. I think the site has come a long way even since I joined in February.

What made you give money to the site?

Scholesy18: I donated a while back when I first joined the site (which reminds me need to do it again when I sort Paypal out) Because I believe FMF is the best FM site out there, need I say more?

Y2Stu: Well I’ve been on FMF since the start (give or take a few days) *cough* 19th Member *cough*. I’ve never really given money to a website because I couldn't care if the site went down or what not. But this site is different, there is some great people who I chat to often. Also there is a really family feel to it. Which makes the site enjoyable. So I went ahead and donated.

Hartynips: I think personally it’s the best one out there relating to the FM series. I appreciate that the amount of effort that goes into it is very high, and equally the running costs aren't cheap. I'm just glad to be in a position to help it going longer.

Jonners71 : Because I kept coming back to it and thought that it was only fair to help towards its running costs as many might not realise the hidden costs of running servers etc.

These are just a few members that have joined the FMF community and have enjoyed using the site.

Thanks for taking time to give me these answers guys!

Personally, this site has been brilliant for me in the 2 years I have been a member. I have found the forums great to read, especially some of the stories and game threads. Any help I have needed be it about general life or Football Manager, there has always been someone around to help.

To know anymore about the site, or if you have any problems, feel free to contact any of the moderators, administrators or anybody else you see in the shoutbox and forums.

I would like to end by thanking Spanish and Bozza, and more recently Fedorico, for keeping this site running and keeping it a great place to be!

This written by Seth7724 a normal FMFormation member

As Admin on FMF (Fedorico Roma Fan) i can say that we have one of the best FM communities around, we are currently working on a brand new main site, and you can be sure that FMF will be bustling once football manager 09 is out!

We also make a world-renowned FM update that will be back next summer!

Feel free to join and join our helpful and fun fansite as soon as possible!

Archived