FM07 help (doesn't seem to fit in any other topic..)

After becoming increasingly frustrated at being sacked in FM08, mainly due to me not being very patient with tactics, I decided to hunt out my old copy of FM07. It was a bit dusty and out of its box but it did the trick. By a stroke of luck all my saved games were still in my documents folder so I go to load one up and..

"lang_db.dat cannot be found", quickly followed by "save game could not be loaded."

I've tried loading them with 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2 to no avail. Interestingly the first error only appears when loaded from 7.0.2. I looked in my db folder and sure enough lang_db.dat was in ../700, ../701, and ../702. It is only doing this with two games, and sure enough its the two games I most wanted to play. Another curious thing is that Genie Scout 07 loads the games up fine if I "disable reading of lang_db.dat".

I know this game is sooooooooo old news now but can anyone remember having a problem like this? Doing a forum/internet search brings up lots of problems but no solutions. I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a hand with this. Thanks in advance =D

Archived