Question about sudden poor discipline (FM2011)

hi, been lurking for a while.... i tried a quick search about this but didn't find anything so here goes, apologies if this has come up before

firstly this is for fm2011, haven't made the jump to 2012 yet.

i'm playing with Arsenal and up to november 2016/17, and all of a sudden this season i've started to have a real problem with the squads's discipline. players are getting red cards every 2-3 games for "vicious" fouls, usually with the following 2 match suspension....

i've tried adjusting the tactics so the tackling is more cautious, tried warning and then fining players, nothing seems to make a difference.

was wondering, is there a good way to deal with this? anyone else had a similar problem?

thanks for reading :)

I once had a rash of discipline problems in my current save (on Fm11)- finished first in fair play the previous season, then all of a sudden for a span of 2-3 months the next season it was raining cards on the pitch. The players were essentially the same, so I figured it might have been pressure getting to them? That was all I could come up with. I'd be interested in others' experiences with this phenomenon

Archived