International Database Setup (FM 2011)

Lets talk databases. Specifically, when you start a new game, the question comes up: How to get a decent mix of players worldwide w/out downloading or messing up your computer. Any experts out there can add more comments.

I wanted to start a game w/international management in mind (obscure nations YGTP) in addition to managing Liverpool eventually. From my notes:

Step 1: I have a theory that each continent needs to be "activated" by enabling a league from each area (as much as is possible). Therefore I started w/following nations and leagues:

S. Africa Prem (Africa), Australia Hyundai A League (Asia and Oceania), MLS (N. America), England Champ and Italy Serie B.

Step 2: Load up Current International Players for all 6 continents/zones.

Step 3: Load up Players w/National/Continental Rep by Regions. I chose Middle East, Carribean, West Africa, SE Asia, and Central America.

Step 4: Load up your chosen nation. I selected Thailand which I found offered a national pool of 68 players give or take. However U21 #s were low (6) bearing in mind that U21s are useless in Asia because there's no tournaments in Asia for such AND NO U19s or greys (Hmmmm).

The 5th and last step is Downloading your preferred league, tournament, etc.

Custom database, Medium, 37000 players. I found a better selection of international teams to manage w/a righteous computer.

And take it easy w/loading stuff of course.

Feel free to add; I'm not sure about the 1st step as its a theory. This might also work in FM12 w/ add and remove leagues of course as needed.

Archived