Luton - On The Way To Glory!

Hey guys!

Hope I'm posting in the right forum here, just wanted to share what I was able to achieve with Luton in my first season as manager in the BSP

Played this basic formation. Most other versions of FM I've always played a pressing game and an offside trap, but wanted to try different things with this squad. So I played a balanced game, with no press, counters or offside traps:

GK

CTR CTR CTR

BWM

WNG CM CM WNG

CMF CMF

I signed 2 midfielders on free transfer before the season started as I felt the central midfielders at Luton weren't quite championship material. The 2 I signed were Darren Carter and Josh Wright.

My best 11 (in order) were Tyler, Pilkington, Beckwith, Antwi, Keane, Kissock, Carter, Wright, Howells, Crow, Fleetwood

I also purchased 2 other strikers, and left Matt Barnes-Homer on loan. One was Rene Howe, who is a good backup striker and the other was Ben Hutchinson, who ended up scoring every time he played and requested a transfer to a bigger club. I also signed Hutchinson on a free transfer. My biggest mistake was taking Kristian Rogers for 10k from Port Talbot, as I thought he could be a good back up to Tyler, but I was wrong. Didn't really have any value at all.

I also went unbeaten for about 30 matches, until I met Man City in a FA Cup tie and lost 2-1.

Achievements:

Manager Of The Year - me :)

Player Of The Year - Darren Carter (Luton)

Young Player Of The Year - Josh Wright (Luton)

Golden Boot - Danny Crow (Luton) 33 goals

Won Blue Square Bet Premier

Won FA Trophy

Recorded Biggest Away win - 3-8 against AFC Telford

Most team points in a season - 117

Most team goals in a season - 175

I have uploaded some end of season screen shots to check out.

Now on to League 2 !

Archived