[FM12] From Broads to Moors - A carrot crunchers quest into the unknown...

jimwright07

I've played football management games ever since CM 01/02 and I hate to admit it, but I have never managed outside the English leagues, and the teams which I have managed I can count on one hand; Barnet, Hayes & Yeading, King's Lynn and Norwich. I have never even accepted a job offer elsewhere or resigned from a team (sacked a couple of times, maybe).

Now that Norwich are in the Premier League - and I don't need to do it, I finally think its time that I got a bit of ambition and go on a journeyman save, starting right from the bottom as a Sunday league footballer and working my way up through the ranks by any means possible. I'll be using the knowledge I pick up on the way, no good player guides, no staff guides, no stolen training routines, no stolen formations, just me and FM, and fingers crossed this thread will keep me motivated through both thick and thin!

The leagues in which I've loaded can be found by following the link below;

Game Detail

These are leagues that I thought I would realistically manage in if I had the opportunity IRL...However I'll be loading up new leagues at the end of each season to keep my options open.

Will start off unemployed and apply for all jobs going, choosing whichever team I think I can get the most out of.

And here is my manager profile (and no I'm not 25 :D).

Main aims;

- To win a domestic cup.

- To win a continental competition.

- To eventually participate in the Champions League (and maybe win?).

- To win the World Cup

I'll be doing a large start/end of season update, with a smaller update half way through each season. I'm not the quickest of FM players as tend to be quite thorough!

Wish me luck :D

After no initial job applications were accepted I had to wait til October for a contract offer, this came in the shape of a struggling German Third Division side - I've never managed in Germany, so really looking forward to it!

Fc_rot_weiss_erfurt.png

FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt

Wikipedia Page

Club Profile

959.jpg

Quite pleased with my first job offer, they're not doing too bad in the league and current sitting 16th with the relegation places starting at the 18th place(league table). A few injuries floating around in the squad but will try and work round them and with the strengths of the squad. The board have no expectations and have told me they will not judge me on the performances in the league, although I will try and push for a top half finish. Next more detailed update will be in January.

Archived