Player's agent dislike despite lack of negotiation

I'm managing Vitesse Arnhem (The Dutch club with a rich sugar daddy) in its first season, i have at my disposal a transfer budget of 15 million euro's which can be stretched up to 30 million.

First thing around, i started looking for defenders. Mehmet Topal seemed like a steal at 2.9 million, transfer listed by Valencia. I made a bid of 2.9m and it got accepted by Valencia.

The player self however was not interested in moving to my club, so i was forced to leave the negotiations.

I started praising and admiring him in the media, up to the point where he is looking forward to impress me in his next match. So i made a bid again expecting Topal is willing to negotiate a contract. Nope, still not interested. So i had to leave the negotiation again. I repeated the same cycle one or twice and now suddenly the agent has an extreme dislike towards me. I figure it has something to do with me leaving the negotiations, but that was my only option since everything was greyed out.

So it seems very irrational for the agent to have a dislike towards me, i think that is a flaw in the game that needs to be resolved quickly. Even if i succeed to convince the player to join my club, the agent will make it impossible for me to get him.

Archived