What the h*ck is going on with my staff? More FM bamboozlement.

After spending days (yes, days) searching for good quality coaches that I can afford, unlike the majority of those recommended in the backroom advice or unfiltered out by the AssMan, I managed to sign a 3-star Attack coach with Attacking coaching-style and reasonably good Judging Players. I also found a fairly decent General-style coach to coach 3-star Tactics and promoted a Defensive-style youth coach to be a 3-star Defending coach. Thus I can get detalied reports on any of my players or scouting targets except goalkeepers until I can hire more coaches.

Afraid of other clubs poaching my hard-researched staff I'd put them on the highest wages and longest contracts I could offer.

(Oddly I can offer an employed coach more than an unemployed one, and my starting staff are on twice that, but I can only offer a player-coach a quarter as much as if I wanted them to be just a coach!).

So you can perhaps imagine how miffed I am that I now have three defensive-style coaches! Yes, the attacking-style coach that was coaching only attacking has developed into a defensive-style coach and his defensive coaching ability has somehow improved (not his attacking coaching ability which he has been practicing). Likewise with my general-style coach that had been coaching only tactics. So I really needn't have caved in to the ridiculously over-the-top demands of that defence-style youth coach at all.

Rubbish.

Sort it out SI!

Archived