Formation of the Premier League 1992/1993 - Work in progress

med_gallery_89_12_23484.png

[video=youtube;9SljkJYjLOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SljkJYjLOE

The Premier League was officially formed at the close of the 1991/1992 season with Leeds topping the league with 82 points. People have claimed football has changed in many ways since back in the day, when players put in a proper shift for their team and didn't sulk and have tantrums over not earning an added assist bonus and none of that simulation to earn an undeserved penalty.

We want the game back how it was! When the league first formed, when the likes of Eric Cantona, Peter Schmeichel as-well as the most promising youth players coming through including David Beckham. These players wowed the fans of all kinds appreciated the work ethic of their players, and were proud to support their club.

Football was different back then, and I plan on bringing back the pride of that era in an update which will feature the Premier League Top Division in as much realism as possible.

Changes will include :

Player Names

Teams Names (e.g. Wimbledon)

Team Divisions (e.g. Leeds in Premier League)

Club Reputations (e.g. Leicester)

Manager Changes (e.g. Kenny Dalglish at Leicester)

January 1993 Transfer Update (e.g. Cantona from Leeds to United)

Realistic Stat Updates (e.g. David Beckham from an experienced but slow player to a youngster with a low CA but a very high PA)

This will only be done for top division teams so the realism will wear out after a couple of seasons.

As the Premier League in 1992-93 season had 22 teams, FMH2011 can only allow 20 teams in the Premier League. Due to this I have had to remove Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace from the League (these two teams were relegated from the Premier League that season)

Manager Changes Completed

Player Transfers Underway

Team - Manager

Arsenal - George Graham

Aston Villa - Ron Atkinson

Blackburn Rovers - Kenny Dalglish

Chelsea - Ian Porterfield

Coventry City - Bobby Gould

Everton - Howard Kendall

Ipswich Town - John Lyall

Leeds United - Howard Wilkinson

Liverpool - Graeme Souness

Manchester City - Peter Reid

Manchester United - Alex Ferguson

Norwich City - Mike Walker

Nottingham Forest - Brian Clough

Oldham Athletic - Joe Royle

QPR - Gerry Francis

Sheffield United - Dave Bassett

Sheffield Wednesday - Trevor Francis

Southampton - Ian Branfoot

Tottenham Hotspur - Doug Livermore

Wimbledon - Joe Kinnear Wimbledon will be Cardiff on this, so Cardiffs manager is Joe Kinnear

When I have done certain parts I will allow a few users to BETA them. Put your name down below if you would like to BETA for this changes.txt file

I will be using this in my Live Commentary Videos for the 2nd Series possibly :)

Leave your thoughts about this below :)

Arsenal squad - (Defenders)

Check it out ;)

Save and zoom in paint for the images if you cannot see properly or want to view attributes/player values etc. in depth

med_gallery_89_12_74584.jpg

med_gallery_89_12_74436.jpg

This is BETA and may not represent the final product.

Hope you like the look of this :) Feedback would be appreciated for personal motivation, as this takes a long, long, long time.

• 1 month later...

Looking for 2 BETA testers:

Completed Arsenal and Aston Villa and I would like 2 people to play out a season for each club and tell me how they do

First come first serve, I will PM the third party link containing the Villa and Arsenal 1992/93 teams :)

Archived