Analysis of the personal reputation system

I play journeyman games with the purpose of starting small and earning the right to manager a world class club. For this reason, I constantly monitor my reputation, as it seems to be the detrmining factor in getting better jobs. Having done this over several iterations of FM, and again with the most recent version.

Frankly, its sickening how bad the system is. I thought I would start a tread where I, and others, could show the change in repuation from point to point in a season or career and maybe bring to SI's attention, and to people who have no idea, the failings of it.

So, without further rambling: My current stats (using FMRTE to monitor, but not change, my reputation)

Team: Chimmney Corner

League: Northern Ireland Second Division

Season: 2011-2012

Media Expectation: 15th (out of 16)

Leage Rep: Half a Star

'Current rep' at start of season - 1697

Currently I am 7 games into the season, sitting 6th in the league.

Knocked out of 3 cups, no expectations in any of them.

Current rep at this point in the season...1696. Thats right, despite being well above everyone's expectations for the season, I have lost reputation. Will post more as the season progresses. Ask questions or post your results.

Maybe your starting rep was 2 high in the first place when you stated the game compared to the leauge you decided to manage. Maybe if you started unemployed and went for a higher job you would have got that but for chosing a league even lower means your making your rep worse. Just like it would if you leave the prem then to go down to the championship. Despite doing well in the championship your rep would still go down.

What did you choose as your "past experience" but I would tend to agree with Born2killzone, perhaps the games starting reputation is deliberately high to give you a chance of getting reasonable job offers and now you are in a low league - despite your efforts - your reputation is too high.

Maybe. To check I averaged the current repuations of the managers of the top ten current teams, excluded the highest and lowest, and got an average of 1961.5 reputation.

In looking at the numbers there are only 3 managers with lower reputations than mine. Doesn't seem like my reputation is too high for the league.

I started with Sunday league rep.

Can anyone else with FMRTE watch his or her rep over the course of a season and see if it reflects the achievements of the team?

I started a game with no team (unemployed)...and past experience "amateur player".

I had to wait till june 2011 to have a job offer from lower maze in N.Irland Second Division. At the half of the season my reputation grew from "unknown" to "national" and i thought it was a little bit strange.

I do not have Fmrte...it will be nice to check my starting reputation compared with the new one.

Ok i checked my reputation with fmrte: Home 1487 Current 1511 World 735.

What does "home" and "world" means? Home is the reputation in the current country? And World in the rest of the world? is correct?

I home is your reputation in your home country, i.e. the country of your nationality. Not sure how this works with dual nationality.

Current is your reputation in the coutry in which you are currently managing. World is your reputation in every other country. I believe the world calculation is a little messed up in FM2011 which is causing the journeyman bugs.

Archived