Any tricks to make a player fire his agent?

I have a computer-generated player who in my opinion is in top five CB's in my save.

However, the problem is his agent. Player currently has a £13m release clause in his contract, and it's impossible to renegotiate (no matter what I do, agent wants to have the clause. No chance even to raise the sum, not even slightly). He had the same 13m release clause in his previous contract, and I spent half a season trying to sign him without the clause. No luck, and decided to sign him nevertheless before his wage demands were hiked further. He's now played a season and a half for me, I've opened (and impatient agent exited) negotiations at least five times. I'm in players favoured personnel, team is doing great, I have money to pay whatever he wants. But unless the clause is ditched, there's little use to throw money on signing on fees.

I've promised the player a new contract, both privately and in public. Player has "looking to commit his future to the club" or something similar in his personal info. As far as I can see, the agent (and that silly clause, his other demands are reasonable) is the only obstacle.

Is there anything I can do that would encourage the player to get rid of his agent? Apparently agent being utterly incapable of negotiating makes no difference...

Any help appreciated, I'm willing to try any ideas at this point. Otherwise I'll soon lose the player, his face value is already close to 17m so I'm surprised I haven't had any offers yet...

How much have you offered the agent in agent fees? If money is not an obstacle and you really want to keep the player, I guess an agent fee over £10 million could actually be worth a shot... I haven't seen anything yet, that would allow you to ask a player to get rid of his agent, unfortunately...

Thanks Goonerfin, that worked :thup:

Offered the agent the maximum allowed, and everything else was easy after that.

Before I've always left agent fee box untouched 'cause I've figured the greedy suits are, ahem, greedy.

I've always thought that negotiations are between me and the player (represented by an agent). I just realised agents are indeed a third party, defending their own corner. From now on agents will be drowned in gold and players will get a paper route to pay the rent :cool:

If the player is old enough and wants to go into management/coaching, in player interaction you can tell the player that you think he will make a good coach. If the player has on his player profile 'Definately looking at trying his hand at coaching' (or something similar) he will respond with 'would you like me to start now?' If you say yes, he will becaome a player/coach or whatever is his preference and within about a couple of weeks he will ditch his agent. Without fail. It's how I got Giggs, Neville, VDS and Scholes to ditch their ridiculous demands and I signed them on cheaper contracts. Obviously this only works on players over 30 but I hope it helps.

If the player is old enough and wants to go into management/coaching, in player interaction you can tell the player that you think he will make a good coach. If the player has on his player profile 'Definately looking at trying his hand at coaching' (or something similar) he will respond with 'would you like me to start now?' If you say yes, he will becaome a player/coach or whatever is his preference and within about a couple of weeks he will ditch his agent. Without fail. It's how I got Giggs, Neville, VDS and Scholes to ditch their ridiculous demands and I signed them on cheaper contracts. Obviously this only works on players over 30 but I hope it helps.

Yup, that works for me too.

Although it might not help the OP since it only applies to player already on my team, but I also find that if you have youngsters being tutored by these players without agents, they're more likely to ditch their agents as well.

Archived