FA Challenge FM2005 Update Thread [*Established Clan*]

clanbanner.jpg

fmo_white.gif

The Only Way To Play FM Online

Welcome to our clan update thread where you'll be able to catch up on all the latest news reguarding our clan. The thread will be updated reguarly by all clan members to give you a good insight into who's winning & most likely who's losing in our challenge to rise from the depths of English football!

Our confirmed managers so far are as follows :

Dale Smurthwaite (Notts County)

James Woodward (Oxford Utd)

David Williams (Swansea)

Allan Douglas (Boston Utd)

Kevin Kinchington (Northampton)

Matthew Cawson (Scunthorpe)

Emir Sabic (Southend Utd)

Keith Tinker (Yeovil Town)

We will play this game at the folloing times :

Sunday 6pm-10pm

Tuesday 6pm-10pm

Thursday 6pm-10pm

All managers will start in Coca-Cola League 2.

Also, we are currently not accepting any more players. This may, however change in the future and depending on how things go, we may add another 2 players to the game.

Finally, a message to our FA Challenge players, please post an introduction post along with your banner.

Good luck everyone...

SDK (Co Clan Manager)

The Phoneix Has Risen From The Ashes

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clanbanner.jpg

fmo_white.gif

The Only Way To Play FM Online

Welcome to our clan update thread where you'll be able to catch up on all the latest news reguarding our clan. The thread will be updated reguarly by all clan members to give you a good insight into who's winning & most likely who's losing in our challenge to rise from the depths of English football!

Our confirmed managers so far are as follows :

Dale Smurthwaite (Notts County)

James Woodward (Oxford Utd)

David Williams (Swansea)

Allan Douglas (Boston Utd)

Kevin Kinchington (Northampton)

Matthew Cawson (Scunthorpe)

Emir Sabic (Southend Utd)

Keith Tinker (Yeovil Town)

We will play this game at the folloing times :

Sunday 6pm-10pm

Tuesday 6pm-10pm

Thursday 6pm-10pm

All managers will start in Coca-Cola League 2.

Also, we are currently not accepting any more players. This may, however change in the future and depending on how things go, we may add another 2 players to the game.

Finally, a message to our FA Challenge players, please post an introduction post along with your banner.

Good luck everyone...

SDK (Co Clan Manager)

The Phoneix Has Risen From The Ashes

dalebanner.jpg

Smurthwaite Takes Over At Notts County

It was revealed today that relatively unknown manager Dale Smurthwaite has been appointed as the new boss of Notts County, the oldest club in the Football League.

Smurthwaite said in a statement :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am very happy to have been given this opportunity to manage a club with such a history and I intend to commit myself fully to the task of achieving promotion although the critics don't believe that is possible for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There will be a number of new players on their way in, and a number will definately be leaving due to the club's poor financial state, but these things happen in football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Confident words from Mr Smurthwaite there and honest in his opinions of the state of the club's money situation. However, with a good size of stadium, there should be some good gate receipts and the money should come in quickly. Add to that a good cup run and Notts County could be be back in the black very soon.

It remains to be seen however whether Smurthwaite can turn this club around and bring success to the oldest Football League club and return it to its former glory...

More to follow in a pre-season update...

Until my next report...

DS.

peachbanner.jpg

Woodward Named As Oxford Manager

Over the last couple of weeks rumours have been circulating on who Oxford United will bring in to turn the club around. Ambitious Tanzanian Chairman Firoz Kassam, called a press conference at The Kassam Stadium to announce their new Manager.

From behind the curtain stepped Firoz Kassam followed by an unknown man, this man is the clubs new Manager, his name James Woodward.

This is what he had to say:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have managed in the lower leagues for some time now and I am extremely happy to have been given this opportunity. I am fully confident that I will be able to help the club reach its goals. I have the backing of the chairman, we have a fantastic stadium and a playing squad that is capable of gaining promotion, so why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oxford have been looking for that final push and now they might just have it.

williamsbanner.jpg

Sunsport 26/02/2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Swans appoint Manager.......

Swansea today unvieled theyre new manager David Williams to the public today. Williams, who cut his teeth in a former life at clubs like Hornchurch and York, has made it his mission to fullfil the hopes and dreams of the welsh clubs loyal army of fans."Im here to stay" said Williams "nothings going to come between me and this club, Im in it for the long haul" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

News of the World

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Williams jumps ship......

New Swansea manager David Williams today dropped a bombshell by anouncing his departure to the Carribean for 2 months. Williams, only just being employed by the club, activated the "im going to Jamaica so bollox to this" clause in his contract. He has promised to return sometime in May and again take the helm at the Vetch, hopefully coinciding with the planned move to the new White Rock Stadium. Williams said "Yes its not the most ideal situation to be in having just been newly employed but my social commitments must come first" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

allanbanner.jpg

Douglas Unveiled as New Pilgrims Supremo

Allan Douglas was last night unveiled as Boston United's new manager after 24 hours of frenzied boardroom negotiations. Steve Evans's successor must now confront the daunting task of re-building his side and hauling them up to the leagues.

Moyes has signed a four-year deal worth around £1 and a bag of pork scratchings a week, with the added performance related bonus of a Pint of Stella and a Cheese Sandwich for each victory sealed.

The 21-year-old Scot, who was mobbed by Angry and Protesting Pilgrims Fans as he arrived at the stadium, will meet his new players on Wednesday evening and will start to assess their strengths before during Pre-Season.

"I understand the fans reaction to my appointment, but I am very confident that I can rebuild the side and we can go onto have a very good season. My first task will be to assess each player and scour the Leagues for players that I believe can strenghten this club and take us onto the next level. I hope to give the Pilgrims fans something to be proud of."

"It's been a fairly traumatic few days, but Allan has everything you'd look for in a manager," said the Boston chairman Billy Thornton. "Youth, potential and confidence, he's going to go take us a long way."

Moyes said: "I'm young and relatively inexperienced but I've served an apprenticeship in Sunday League Football." He will bring in his own coaching staff after Evan's No2 Paul Raynor left yesterday.

Douglas also went on to say "I'm under no illusions. You don't get jobs in football management when they're easy and this is a big task, but I'm really positive about it. I've got great belief in what can be achieved here.

"I said 'yes' straight away. I have spoken to other clubs in the past, but it was going to take a good offer for me to leave my Sunday League status. I feel very privileged to have been given this opportunity."

The story is set to continue, can Douglas bring success back to York Street or will the fans protests be just too much?

Guest kukev31

kevbanner.jpg

Northampton Town fans were in shock yesterday after chairmen David Cardoza announced that manager Colin Calderwood has left the club by mutual consent. Reportedly he is looking to spend more time with his wife and two young children.

An even bigger shock for the fans though was that relatively unknown English manager Kevin Kinchington had been named as his replacement.

Kinchington said yesterday :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Northampton is a fantastic club and deserves football of a higher level than League 2. I am hoping that I am the man to awaken this sleeping giant and let the club show its full potential </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fans of the Cobblers will just have to wait and see how the season unfolds!

clanbanner.jpg

Just for the record, we are currently no longer accepting members for Fa Challenge.

We will be commencing on Thursday 3rd March and hopefully the new patch will fix some of the online problems that were present before.

Depending on the online speed of the game, we will maybe recruit more members in the future, but for now, we have 8 and thats enough.

Keep reading our thread as notices will be posted if more players are required.

SDK

chrisbanner.jpg

Rochdale today announced the appointment of Christopher Lewis as manager of the club.

Lewis who gave a quick statement to the press stating that he is delighted to be joining a club with such a great history and will certainly do his best to not disapoint the fans.

It is reported that Lewis will recieve a budget of Thirty Five Thousand Pounds for transfers however the wage budget was according to sources reportedly over budget so he will have to bring it down to keep the club afloat.

Next week in the Rochdale Times a look at the illustrious playing career of a secret player reportedly joining Rochdale Football Club.

Until then goodbye

icon_smile.gif

dalebanner.jpg

Magpies Starting To Take Off

After Smurthwaite took over the running of the club, he stated that there would be fresh blood in the squad. He has been true to his word and a number of players have come and gone. Here is a run-down of the transfers so far.

IN

GK-Shaun Allway - Free Transfer

DR-Paul O'Brien - £0k

ST-Peter Weatherson - Part Exchange

ST-Gareth Law - Free Transfer

DR-Saliou Lassissi - Free Transfer

AMLC-Alex Gildea - £7k from Whitby

DRC-David Carns - Free Transfer

FLC-Mark Smyth - On Loan from Liverpool

DMC-David Fox - On Loan from Man Utd

ST-David Poole - On Loan from Man Utd

OUT

AM/FC-Kris Nurse - Part Exchange to Morton

ST-Shaun Harrad - £4k to Hinckley

ST-Pat Sneath - £2k to Frickley

DMC-Matthew Gill - £8k to Yeovil

DC-Daniel Bostock - £2k to Worksop

ST-Glynn Hurst - £20k to York

DMC-Julien Baudet - £10k to Yeovil

DC-Emmet Friars - £5k to Gainsborough

DC-Mike Edwards - £7k to Northampton

AML-Eddie McIntyre - £2k to Bedworth

Smurthwaite was very pleased with the aquisition of Peter Weatherson and Alex Gildea.

Weatherson has scored 12 goals in 9 League Two games and is way ahead at the top of the scorers table. Alex Gildea is proving to be a great creator in the midfield and Notts County are reaping the benefits of his arrival now with the Magpies up to 9th in League Two after 9 games after a shaky start.

Here are the League results so far :

Notts Co 2 V Rushden 0

A good start to the season with on loan forward Mark Smyth scoring one and Peter Weatherson the other.

Star Man -Tony Scully (Notts Co)

Shrewsbury 4 V Notts Co 1

The Magpies were outclassed here by a very good side and Shrewsbury deserved the win. Tony Scully got Notts County's only goal of the game.

Star Man -Kelvin Langmead (Shrewsbury)

Scunthorpe 6 V Notts Co 2

Another game that didnt go the way Smurthwaite wanted it to go. Lots of goals though with Gildea and Weatherson scoring 1 each for Notts Co. and starting up a good relationship with each other on the pitch.

Star Man -Lawrie Dudfield (Scunthorpe)

Notts Co 4 V Yeovil 3

This was a cracker to watch and it went the way of the home team with Scully scoring 1 and Weatherson claiming a magnificent hatrick.

Star Man -Peter Weatherson (Notts Co)

Bristol Rovers 2 V Notts Co 2

Quite an even game with Peter Weatherson getting both goals for Notts County.

Star Man -David Fox (Notts Co)

Notts Co 2 V Wycombe 2

Another fightback from Notts County here to manage the draw. Wycombe had the most of the play and were unlucky to lose 2 points. Peter Weatherson gets both Notts Co goals again.

Star Man -Paul Harrison (Wycombe)

Notts Co 0 V Bury 0

How boring was this match to watch? Nothing of interest to report here.

Star Man -Paul Scott (Bury)

Darlington 0 V Notts Co 2

A good win for The Magpies here with a red card for each side. David Fox getting his marching orders for Notts Co. The man who got both goals for County again was Peter Weatherson.

Star Man -Saul Deeney (Notts Co)

Cheltenham 2 V Notts Co 3

This was a great comeback for Notts County and they are proving to be somewhat of a comeback team this season. Weatherson scores once and Gareth Law gets his first 2 goals of the campaign.

Star Man -Alex Gildea (Notts Co)

So thngs are progressing well in the League, but what about the Cups so far?

Well, in the Carling Cup 1st Round, Notts County were drawn against Yeovil after just beating them in the league.

Yeovil 2 V Notts Co 1

Unlucky here, after an even match, Yeovil's manager Keith Tinker had countered Smurthwaite's tactics and got through to the next round, well done to the Tinkerman. Mark Smyth scored for Notts Co.

Star Man -Lee Johnson (Yeovil)

In the LDV Vans Trophy, drawn against Kevin Kinchington's Northampton it was much of the same.

Northampton 2 V Notts Co 1

Defender Ian Richardson scored for Notts Co and Mike Whitlow was unlcky to score an own goal and give Northampton the spoils.

Star Man -Josh Low (Northampton)

All in all though, us lot in Nottingham reckon that Smurthwaite is doing a good job, with FA Cup still to come and the team getting some good results in the league, success could be on its way back to Meadow Lane. And about time too.

Keep up the good work Dale...

Until my next report...

DS.

stevebanner.bmp

BREAKING NEWS:

Cambridge announce new manage today. Steve Vidoy has taken over the hot seat with the fans told he will bring success to the club.

Some fans are worried about the appointment as they are unsure of his protential, but are willing to give a chance to a up and coming manager.

peachbanner.jpg

Good Start To Life At The Kassam

When James Woodward the fans believed that it was the wrong appointment but Woodward has changed their opinions with a series of impressive performances from his Oxford team, here we will have a look at the start he has made at The Kassam Stadium.

Signings

Phil Babb (DC) Free

Experienced Republic Of Ireland international, brought in to add steel to the back-line.

Taribo West (DC) Free

Came to the Kassam complete with yellow hair beads, comes with bucket loads of European experience having played for both Milan teams to name a few.

Carlos Alberto Menjivar (AMC) 16k

El Salvador international, became an instant fan favourite picking up 2 MoM awards in his 1st four games.

Luke Steele (GK) Season-Long Loan

Manchester United Goalkeeper regarded by many as a future England international, he will be spending the season at the Kassam.

League Results

Wycombe 2-3 Oxford

-----------------Mooney 2

-----------------Basham

Oxford 1-1 Cheltenham

Mooney

Bury 1-1 Oxford

-----------Basham

Oxford 1-1 Darlington

West

Chester 0-0 Oxford

Oxford 2-0 Swansea

Bradbury 2

Oxford 0-1 Northampton

Mansfield 0-2 Oxford

-----------------Menjivar

-----------------Bradbury

Southend 0-0 Oxford

Cup Results

Carling Cup 1st Round

QPR 1-0 Oxford (AET)

LDV Vans South 1st Round

Oxford 2-1 Kidderminster

Basham

Menjivar

Managers Note

I came to the Kassam with expectations of gaining promotion and I feel that, that target is within are reach. We have played 9 league games and only lost once so the consistency to pick up points is there although we seem to be drawing a lot of games we will be looking to change this and win games that previously we would have drawn. I am very pleased with the start that I have made here at the Kassam and expect that come May we will be celebrating a promotion or at least some silverware.

Guest kukev31

kevbanner.jpg

I didnt have to succesful a time in the transfer window only managing to buy 1 player, Dale Edwards a DC for 1k from Dale's Notts County. I did manage to get 3 loan players in from the Premiership though. Zak Whitbread, a DC from Liverpool. Martin Cranie, a DC from Southampton, and Mark Yeates a SC from Tottenham.

Northampton 0v0 Shrewbury

A fairly boring game against a good Shrewsbury side. In all fairness they probably deserved to win but a good performance by my keeper managed to keep it 0-0.

Mansfield 1v3 Northampton

Mansfield took the lead and were one nil up at half time. Things seemed to have gone from bad to worse when Charley Hearn was sent off just minutes into the second half. But goals from Rowson, McGleish and a last minute, counter-attack goal by Chris Carruthers gave the side an unlikely 1st win.

Northampton 0v2 Grimsby

My assistant was in charge for this game and it was level until 83 minutes.Eric Sabin was sent off and Grimsby scored 2 late goals.

Lincoln 1v2 Northampton

Loan signing Mark Yeates scored two on his debut as Lincoln were beaten. There goal was a consolation strike in the last minute.

Peterborough 2v1 Northampton (League Cup)

A full strength side was put out in hope of a good cup run. This would be a tough match against League 1 Peterborough. They scored after 50 minutes, but a Charley Hearn equaliser levelled the scores after 69 minutes. Peterborough shattered hopes of a win when they scored in the 80th minute. An interesting fact of the match was that 8 out of the starting 11 were booked.

Northampton 1v0 Kidderminster

Sean Smith scored fo rme after 24 minutes. The win was never in doubt in this one though outshooting them 24 to 1. Unfortunately i couldnt have finished more.

Cambridge 0v1 Northampton

Sean Smith scored another early goal in this game. And we managed to hang on in a more even game for another 1 nil win.

Oxford 0v1 Northampton

My first match against a fellow human manager and it was James' Oxford. His side were also high up in the table and this was gonna be a close game. Matthew Howard scored an early and then it was a matter of holding on. I managed to do this for yet another 1 nil win.

Northampton 0v1 Rochdale

Rochdale scored an early penalty in this one and were really the best team. I did hit the post in the last minute but i deserved to lose here, so no complaints.

Northampton 1v1 Macclesfield

Macclesfield scored an early goal and i had fears of going on a major blip. Yeates scored just before half time though to get me a draw.

Notts County 1v2 Northampton (LDV Vans Trophy)

A mainly reserve side was put out for this game against fellow manager Dale. And it did me proud, an own goal and an Eric Sabin goal put me 2-0 up. They managed to get one back before half time but i held on for a win.

Altogether a very good session, sitting in the playoff, my target at the start of the season. And in the second round of the cup.

peachbanner.jpg

The U’s Begin To Fire

Oxford United have had a exciting time as of late here is an update of what is going down at The Kassam Stadium:

League Results

Oxford 0-0 Rushden

Dominated but failed to score.

Man Of The Match: Billy Turley (Rushden)

Boston 2-3 Oxford

Exciting game against top of the league Boston went 1 up through Menjivar but was almost immediately pegged back by Boston who soon added a 2nd to make it 2-1, but another from Menjivar and an 85th minute strike from Mooney ensured the victory.

Man Of The Match: Luke Steele (Oxford)

Notts Co 1-1 Oxford

Playing against Dale Smurthwaites well organised team was always going to be tough and I found that out after just 6 minutes when the leagues top score Peter Weatherson put County 1 up, but again Tommy Mooney popped up with a late goal to rescue a point.

Man Of The Match: Jonathan Ashton (Oxford)

Oxford 4-2 Scunthorpe

Scunthorpe came to the Kassam sporting a 4-2-4 formation but it failed to work against a rampant Oxford side. 2 from Menjivar and 1 a piece for Mooney and Bradbury.

Man Of The Match: Tommy Mooney (Oxford)

Yeovil 1-2 Oxford

Keith Tinkers struggling side put up a good performance but failed to gain a point as Oxford put in another exciting performance. Menjivar opened the scoring in the 19th minute, in the 60th minute Yeovil were awarded a penalty and Luke Steele was sent packing for his part. The penalty was converted but Robert Wolleaston scored a 77th minute winner to take all 3 points.

Man Of The Match: Carlos Alberto Menjivar (Oxford)

Oxford 1-0 Bristol Rovers

Boring game but an unlikely penalty from Phil Babb separated the 2 sides.

Man Of The Match: Jonathan Ashton (Oxford)

Oxford 1-0 Wycombe

More of the same as the busy festive period takes its toll, a late free kick from Paul Wanless was all it took to tip the balance.

Man Of The Match: Gary Silk (Wycombe)

Cheltenham 1-0 Oxford

My only league defeat of the session, was evenly matched but deserved at least a draw.

Cup Results

FA Cup 2nd Round

Huddersfield 1-2 Oxford

Hopes of a glamorous 3rd round tie fizzled away as a sparkling start to the game was dampened by Huddersfield. A goal from Danny Brown was too little too late.

Man Of The Match: Dave Mackay (Oxford)

Managers Note

I cannot describe how pleased I am that we have began to perform to the ability I knew that we are capable of. I would like to save special praise for Carlos (Alberto Menjivar) as he has proved to be a match winner as of late and is a fantastic asset to have at this club. But I also want to congratulate the rest of the players for propelling the club up the league and also the fans for supporting the club no matter what the results.

dalebanner.jpg

Notts County Like A See-Saw...Up & Down

A lot has happened since Smurthwaite's last press report, so this may take some time.

PLAYERS OUT

DRC-Kelvin Wilson - £3k to Hinkley

D/MLC-Chris Palmer - £2k to Huknall

ST-Steve Scoffham - £2 to Nuneaton

With these players leaving the club, Smurthwaite has cut his wage bill again. It was hugely over budget by around £6k per week, but now it is much better; only a few hundred pounds over.

A lot of games have been played since Smurthwaite graced the press box, so here is a run-down of results :

Notts Co 0 V Chester 0

A pretty even game here, with Notts County's strikers failing to shoot on target.

Star Man -Tony Scully (Notts Co)

Swansea 1 V Notts Co 2

Back to winning ways against fellow human manager David Williams' Swansea side with Gareth Law and Peter Weatherson taking a goal each. 3 Notts County players recieved a 10 rating in this game.

Star Man -Peter Weatherson (Notts Co)

Notts Co 0 V Southend 0

Perhaps an unfair result for Notts Co here as they had much more of the game and were unlucky not win the game.

Star Man -Bart Griemink (Southend)

Northampton 2 V Notts Co 3

A very happy manager after this game, putting the Vans trophy defeat behind them and taking the 3 points in the League game. 2 goals for Gareth Law and 1 for Weatherson (he also missd a penalty).

Star Man -Chris Carruthers (Northampton)

Grimsby 2 V Notts Co 4

Goals for Notts Co from Scully, Law, Pipe and Smyth ensured a good victory for Smurthwaite's team as they progress up the league table.

Notts Co 3 V Mansfield 1

Smurthwaite was very pleased to get a win over great rival Carlton Palmer, and Palmer deserved the beating after the things he had said in the media. A goal for Law and 2 for Gildea ensured the 3 points for Notts Co.

Notts Co 4 V Lincoln 1

An excellent result here and Notts County find themselves in the automatic promotion places for the first time this season. Goals from Pipe, Smyth, Gildea and Law.

Star Man -David Pipe (Notts Co)

Macclesfield 1 V Notts Co 1

After the last match, Smurthwaite was disappointed to only get a draw here. Gareth Law scoring again for County.

Kidderminster 2 V Notts Co 0

The start od downward spriral for Notts County here with a terrible loss to Kidderminster.

Star Man -Mark Jackson (Kidderminster)

Notts Co 3 V Cambridge 1

Anothe Human-Human game here with Smurthwaite coming out on top against new boy Steve Vidoy who was gracious in defeat. Gildea scored a nice brace and Weatherson sealed the win.

Notts Co 1 V Oxford 1

Oxford had more of the play, but the draw was probablky the fair result after Notts Co were leading the game for the majority of the time. Human manager James Woodward was happy with the result I feel. Peter Weatherson scored Notts County's early goal.

Star Man -Jonathon Ashton (Oxford)

Rochdale 3 V Notts Co 2

Another defeat for Notts County here and things are slipping for them. Rochdales' Holt was excellent in attack. Scully and Gildea scoring for Notts County.

Star Man -Grant Holt (Rochdale)

Notts Co 3 V Leyton Orient 2

Another game with a 3-2 scoreline. Weatherson, Gildea and Smyth scoring for Nots County. A morale booseter this one. Simpson was sent off for Orient.

Boston Utd 3 V Notts Co 0

A clash with the leagus leaders Boston Utd. A deserved win for them as Smurthwaite's team failed to get out of the starting blocks. The busy Christmas schedule is taking it out of the Notts County players.

Star Man -Steven Boyack (Boston Utd)

Rushden Southport 2 V Notts Co 13 V Notts Co 0

Smurthwaite was furious after this match. Rushden were down to 10 men after just 22 minutes and still managed a 3-0 win over a very tired Notts County. Morale is being visibly sapped from the players. Perhaps some fresh players are needed.

Star Man -Graham Allen (Rushden)

Yeovil 1 V Notts Co 3

A very much needed victory for Notts County here, keeping their promotion hopes alive. Usual suspects on the scoresheet : Gildea, Law and Weatherson getting one goal each.

Notts Co 2 V Shrewsbury 3

Smurthwaite's bogey team this season are Shrewsbury and Notts County have now lost in both their clashes this season. Peter Weatherson got bothe County's goals.

Star Man -Alan O'Brien (Shrewsbury)

Notts Co 0 V Scunthorpe 1

Nuff said I think.

Star Man -Nathan Stanton (Scunthorpe)

There was one Cup game also. The FA Cup 1st Round.

Southport 2 V Notts Co 1

This was very disappointing, considering, Southport are not even in an FA League. Nevermind, there's always next season. Law scored for Notts County.

Star Man -Julian Watts (Southport)

All in all, Notts County are performing okay, but they need to get some wins under their belt in the next few matches if they are to be considered for promotion this season. A perfect start to that would be a victory over newly appointed human manager Ray Robson's Bristol Rovers. Notts County's players are playing well, they're just unlucky...

Come on Dale, you can do it for the Magpies...

Until my next report...

DS

raybanner.jpg

Robson is the new manager of the Bristol Rover's

The new man in charge has made a statement to the press:

I know if we all pull together we can bring the glory day's back to this club, We are all aiming for the same thing this season which is promotion, All my player's start on a clean slate any mishap's and there out. We start from now and we will go for it. Thank's to all the fan's of this great club, I hope iam the man to bring glory back to The Memorial Stadium.

Thank's all the pirates fan's,I hope you will love having me here as much as i love being here.

Your Manager R.Robson.

andybanner.jpg

Shock appointment at Wycombe

Wycombe Wanderers fans were today shocked at the surprise sacking of Wycombe manager, John Gorman. With the board announcing that their ambitions for the club did not match that of John Gorman.

Even more shocking for wycombe fans was the appointment of unknown manager Andy Silk, who plied his trade in the Welsh valleys before being hired by Wycombe.

But Andy Silk took time out to reassure the Wycombe fans with this statement;

“I understand the fans concerns but I would like to assure them that I am the man to bring the glory days back to Wycombe Wanderers Football Club.â€

peachbanner.jpg

Oxford Can Taste The Title

With only 6 games left manager James Woodward has put Oxford within touching distance of the League Two title. They are currently only 3 point behind leaders Boston and face them in their next game, Here we will take a look at the recent results and dealings that have had the Oxford faithful delighted:

Transfers In:

Bradley Orr (MC) Free

Former Newcastle trainee joins Oxford on a free transfer from Bristol City.

Wolfgang Feiersinger (DC) 1k

40 year old ex-Austria international formerly of Borussia Dortmund, joins Oxford from Yeovil.

Peter Atherton (D/DMRC) 3k

Vastly experienced defender brought in to bring even more steel to an already tough defence.

Transfers Out:

Chris Tardif -> Darlington 7k

Matt Robinson -> Lincoln 12k

Oxford 0-0 Chester

Oxford deserved more from this game but a sturdy defensive performance from Chester earned themselves a point.

Man Of The Match: Andy Watson (Chester)

Swansea 1-2 Oxford

End to end action in this game against David Williams promotion hopefuls Swansea, an early goal from youngster Jamie Brooks gave Oxford the lead, but a goal on the stroke of half-time from Leon Britton equalled the score. But a 79th minute counter-attack was finished off by Juan Pablo Raponi to give Oxford all the points.

Man Of The Match: Phil Babb (Oxford)

Oxford 0-0 Southend

Another game Oxford should have won, but an excellent performance from Southend goalkeeper Bart Griemink gave the relegation battlers a share of the points.

Man Of The Match: Bart Griemink (Southend)

Northampton 0-3 Oxford

Woodward’s men travelled to the Sixfields Stadium hoping to get revenge for their defeat earlier in the season and Kevin Kinchington’s absence showed. The shots were evenly matched but Oxfords hitmen hit the jackpot converting all 3 shots on target. A rare goal from Phil Babb and 2 from Lee Bradbury gave Oxford the win.

Man Of The Match: Dave Mackay (Oxford)

Oxford 1-0 Mansfield

A match dominated by Oxford, Lee Bradbury’s 2nd minute goal was enough to give Oxford the win.

Man Of The Match: Kevin Pilkington (Mansfield)

Grimsby 1-3 Oxford

A Tommy Mooney hat-trick (I kid you not) had the fans elated as the overpaid marksman decided to do what he’s paid for. Michael Reddy being the Grimsby’s scorer.

Oxford 2-0 Lincoln

Oh my what is happening, 2 more goals from Tommy Mooney. Enough said.

Man Of The Match: Alan Marriott (Lincoln)

Kidderminster 1-3 Oxford

This report was becoming quite dull, but finally I can mention the man that is Carlos Alberto Menjivar. An early goal from him was equalled by Gary Birch. But another from Menjivar and yet another goal from Tommy Mooney (This is starting to get silly) gave Oxford the win.

Man Of The Match: Carlos Alberto Menjivar (Oxford)

Oxford 4-0 Cambridge

Steve Vidoy’s Cambridge side were the next to travel to an in-form Oxford who had won their last 5 games and Oxford made no exceptions for Vidoy’s men. Cambridge weren’t without chances though but Oxford’s prowess in front of goal showed once again. Goals from Tommy Mooney (yawn), Lee Bradbury, Jamie Brooks and an OG from Luke Guttridge ensured victory for Oxford.

Man Of The Match: Robert Wolleaston (Oxford)

Macclesfield 1-0 Oxford

Oxford’s strikers failed to turn up today as 14 shots went at goal but only 1 hit the target and a goal from Matthew Tipton punished Oxford.

Man Of The Match: Danny Brown (Oxford)

Shrewsbury 1-1 Oxford

A very tight game between 2 of League Two’s top scoring teams ended in a stalemate as Kelvin Langmead opened the scoring for Shrewsbury but an 84th minute goal from Bradley Orr shared the spoils.

Oxford 6-1 Rochdale

After 2 games without a win it was due but 6 goals shocked everyone especially against promotion challenging Rochdale. They were 4-0 up at half-time, 2 a piece from Carlos Alberto Menjivar and Tommy Mooney. A goal from Kevin Townson gave Rochdale a glimmer of hope but goals from Robert Wolleaston and Lee Bradbury sealed the emphatic victory.

Leyton Orient 3-1 Oxford

Tommy Mooney gave Oxford the lead but they failed to capitalise upon it as Leyton Orient took control and converted 3 goals. The most disappointing game of the season for Woodward’s men.

Man Of The Match: Prince Toku (Leyton Orient)

Manager’s Note:

Well what can I say, the lads have done the whole city proud. They were expected to do well this season but they are excelling all predictions and have put themselves into a very good position. We have a very tough tie at home to Boston next and if we are to take the title, this is a must win game. I believe that winning the title is achievable and that we are fully capable of it.

stevebanner.bmp

After a fairly good start from the Cambridge Utd, the last couple of games have resulted in no wins. Team morale is at an all time low and the manager is going to have to come up trumps to revive there confidence.

Daniel Chillingworth has scored 17 goals this season and has been a massive player this season having also played the most matches for the team.

Wages at the club are also very high which has resulted in some of the younger/dead wood players not receiving new contracts in hope of lowing the problem.

Players in:

Jon Coppingger

Dave McEwan

Ryan Ashington

Daren Dykes

Elliot Simpson

Derrin Brindley

All of which were free.

Players out:

Warren Goodhind

Stuart Bimson

All of which were free.

Latest Results

H 3-1 Chester

H 0-1 Southend

A 3-0 Northampton

H 1-1 Mansfield

A 2-1 Grimsby

H 0-1 Lincoln

A 3-2 Kidderminster

A 1-2 Shrewsbury

H 1-1 Macclesfield

A 0-4 Oxford

H 2-2 Rochdale

A 2-2 Leyton Orient

H 0-3 Boston

A 0-1 Rushden

Cambridge are also located 10th in L2 at the moment with the play-offs 9 points away with 6 matches left to play. Will be a tough job to get there but Cambridge wont give it up.

dalebanner.jpg

Notts County In Free Fall!

Dale Smurthwaite's promising Notts County side have succumbed to the pressure and expectation of all and appear to be heading for yet another season of League 2 football next year.

Christmas took its toll on the talented side and morale has been difficult to cultivate amongst the players.

Here is a run-down of results :

Notts Co 0 V Bristol Rover 3

A match against new manager Ray Robson's Rovers team. Disappointing to say the least. The goal drought for Weatherson begins.

Star Man - John Anderson (Brisol R)

Wycombe 1 V Notts Co 1

Another new manager to comete against here and Smurthwaite's dreadful record against human managers continues. Gildea scores for Notts Co.

Star Man - Alex Gildea (Notts Co)

Cheltenham 2 V Notts Co 2

Gareth Law stamps his authority on the game by scoring both County goals, but it isn't enough to get the 3 points here.

Bury 1 V Notts Co 2

This was much more like the Notts Co of the start of the season with the team battling on to win with 10 men. David Carns was sent off for a professional foul after just 39 minutes. Scully and Law get the goals for Notts Co.

Star Man - Shaun Allaway (Notts Co)

Notts Co 3 V Darlington 2

Things were looking much better for Smurthwaite here with a second win on the bounce. Gareth Law again scoring twice and Gildea getting the other. Morale is on a high at this point.

That win however was to see the last for a while as Notts County went on a bad run, losing 6 games in the next 8 matches.

Chester 1 V Notts Co 0

A well beaten Notts County here although the scoreline doesn't reflect the game. Notts co had 6 shots on goal and not one was on target. Strikers will be critisised I think.

Star Man - Michael Brown (Chester)

Notts Co 1 V Swansea 2

Another human manager here, although he is on holiday in Jamaica. The final ball was not getting into the box and so a lack of creativity lost Notts Co the game. Gildea scored the goal for County.

Southend 3 V Notts Co 3

A last minute goal from Law gets Notts County a draw here although they did not deserve it. New loan signing James O'Conner from Aston Vill score a crucial own goal and he will not play again for this team. Law scored another goal for himself and Mark Smyth got the third.

Notts Co 0 V Northampton 1

Another defeat, however the game was pretty tight and Andre Thu should have scored the penalty that was awarded tO Notts County.

Star Man - Tommy Jaszczun (Northampton)

Mansfield 4 V Notts Co 2

This was a disgraceful result for Smurthwaite. 3rd from bottom Mansfield shouldve been well beaten here, but morale is so low at Notts County that it went the other way. The playoffs are even looking distant now,let alone automatic promotion which is now ver, very unrealistic.

Star Man - Chris Brunt (Mansfield)

Notts Co 1 V Grimsby 3

Nearest rivals Grimsby took the points here and deserved to. Smurthwaite was later spotted in a pub drinking heavily. Law scores for Notts County.

Star Man - Michael Reddy (Grimsby)

Lincoln 3 V Notts Co 1

Same scoreline, different team. Anoher lowly side beats Notts County here and the playoffs are now no longer realistic. Mathematically, it is possible but the team don't seem to want it.

Star Man - Alan Marriott (Lincoln)

Notts Co 1 V Kidderminster 1

Smurthwaite tries out a new tactichere and is definately has possibilites as the shots on goal tally reflects it. 10 shots on goal. A lot more than usual. Law scores again for Notts County.

Star Man - Shaun Allaway (Notts Co)

What Next For Smurthwaite?

Well, with the next game against Steve Vidoy, a human manager, things don't look too good and as I mentioned earlier it looks like the same division next season. That could be a good thing however as it will give Smurthwaite time to rebuild his squad and make a more serious title bid in 2006.

Rumour has it, Smurthwaite has already lined up some defensive replacements icon_wink.gif

Until my next report...

DS.

raybanner.jpg

Rovers On The Up

Since i took over the only way is up for Rovers climbing from 11th to 4th in the league.

Transfers In:

Stuart Darby

Craig Shaw

Robert Taylor

Liam Brady

Ian Stringfellow

David Louhoungou

David May

Des Hamilton

Ben THornley

No players went out as i wanted to assess each player first.

Now then for the results:

Notts Co 0 V Bristol Rover's 3

My first game saw me pitted against fellow human manager Dale Smurthwaite. A vintage performance from Rover's saw goal's from Ali Gibb,James Hunt and Richard Walker.

Man Of The Match:John Anderson (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 2 v 1 Scunthorpe

First home game of my reign began with a win goal's came from David Savage and Neil Mellor.

Man Of The Match:Gavin Maguire (Scunthorpe)

Yeovil 0 v 1 Bristol Rover's

Very even game saw Neil Mellor win it with a 90th minute goal.

Man Of The Match:KevinMiller (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 2 v 2 Shrewsbury

First game we have dropped point's in now should of won. Goal's came from Jamie Forrester and Stuart Campbell.

Man Of The Match:Scott Howie (Shrewsbury)

Bristol Rover's 3 v 0 Wycombe

A game against another new human manager saw me win 3-0 despite going down to ten men with Aaron Lescott's dismissal goal's came from Richard Walker 2 And a neil Mellor Goal.

Man Of The Match:Richard Walker (Bristol R)

Cheltenham 1 v 2 Bristol Rover's

A very good game saw us come home with the point's with goal's from Neil Mellor and Jamie Forrester.

Man Of The Match:David Savage (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 0 v 0 Bury

Should of buried them Very poor game.

Man Of The Match:Andy Marriott (Bury)

Darlington 1 v 1 Bristol Rover's

Another boring game made worse by Ben Thornley's sending off in the 20th minute. The goal Came from an Andy Liddle own goal.

Man Of The Match:KevinMiller (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 3 v 1 Chester

Back to winning way's the goal's came from a super scouser Neil Mellor.

Man Of The Match:Neil Mellor (Bristol R)

Swansea 0 v 2 Bristol Rover's

Another fine display Goal's came from Jamie Forrester And John Anderson.

Man Of The Match:Aaron Lescott (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 2 v 0 Southend

I demanded the same and i got the same another great performance both goal's came from Ben Thornley.

Man Of The Match:Ben Thornley (Bristol R)

Northampton 0 v 0 Bristol Rover's

Boring game only thing worth saying is Ben Thornley's red card.

Man Of The Match:Josh Low (Northampton)

Bristol Rover's 1 v 1 Mansfield

Should of really won this game 90th minute goal for Mansfield i wasn't happy to say the least goal came from David Savage.

Man Of The Match:Alex John-Baptiste (Mansfield)

Well what can i say unbeaten in 17 in the league up to 4th in the table.

The only way is up

peachbanner.jpg

Oxford Take Title In Tense Finale

The Oxford fans were dancing in the street following their shock League Two win, their 1st trophy since 1986. Here we will take a look at the tense end of season run in:

Oxford 2-0 Boston Utd

Oxford came into this match knowing that a win was needed if they were to keep their title challenge going, and very professional performance from Oxford ensured victory against league leaders Boston. The goals came from Tommy Mooney and Peter Atherton.

Man Of The Match:Chris Holland (Boston Utd)

Rushden 1-1 Oxford

The tough games kept coming for Oxford who next faced 3rd placed Rushden. In a very evenly matched game Oxford took the lead through Lee Bradbury but a late OG from Mateo Corbo gave a share of the points to Rushden.

Man Of The Match:Robert Wolleaston (Oxford)

Oxford 4-0 Notts Co

Coming into this match Woodward didn’t know what to expect against Dale Smurthwaite’s recently rejuvenated men. Danny Brown opened the scoring and following the sending off of Mike Whitlow this result was only going one way. Goals came from Juan Pablo Raponi and Tommy Mooney who got 2.

Man Of The Match:Robert Wolleaston (Oxford)

Scunthorpe 1-2 Oxford

A very shaky performance from Oxford here but they held onto their 1st half lead to win the match. Tommy Mooney and Carlos Alberto Menjivar the scorers.

Man Of The Match:Juan Pablo Raponi (Oxford)

Oxford 1-1 Yeovil

A win here would ensure Oxford only needed a point from their last game to win the title, but it just wasn’t to be as Tommy Mooney’s goal was cancelled out by a last minute goal from Terry Skiverton.

Man Of The Match:Mark Peters (Yeovil)

Bristol Rovers 1-3 Oxford

The penultimate game of the season, Oxford are 1 point ahead of Boston and face a tough trip to Ray Robson’s 4th placed Bristol Rovers who have only lost once under his reign. The match started bad for Oxford as a 7th minute goal from James Hunt opened the scoring, But shortly after this goal there was only one name that could be heard ringing around the stadium and that was “Smurthwaite†as fans heard that his side were beating Boston. This seemed to spur Oxford on and shortly after they hit back through Tommy Mooney on 20 minutes. Half time came and went, and 61 minutes into the 2nd half Oxford fans had more to cheer about as Carlos Alberto Menjivar hit the back of the net. From here on in Bristol Rovers heads had dropped and was summed up by an 88th minute OG from Craig Hinton. As the final whistle blew the crowd erupted and the pitch was flooded by yellow shirts, Oxford are League Two Champions!

Man Of The Match:Carlos Alberto Menjivar

Manager’s Note

Oxford, League Two Champions. Sounds good doesn’t it. I’m not surprised that the lads have done so well. When I was appointed manager of Oxford my target was to win promotion but as the season went on, the target rose and here we are today as champions. I’d like to thank all the lads for their fantastic performances throughout the season, the board for putting their faith in me and the fans for standing by me. Now we must go and prepare for next season so expect some new faces in the near future.

Until Next Time

James Woodward

dalebanner.jpg

Smurthwaite's Notts County Fail In Promotion Bid

Notts County WILL be playing League 2 football again next season after failing to achieve promotion this year. That said however, Dale Smurthwaite is very confident about next season and has already started rebuilding his team.

In a statement to the press he said :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We were disappointed not to have made promotion this season, but the lads did well and er..you know..we just have to look to the next season and the first game..you know..er..if we can get a win there..er..you know..it could be the building block we need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmm, "building blocks", obviously a prase from the Ian Dowie book of football phrases..."Bouncebackability And How To Use It"

Anyway, here the the results from Notts County's last six games of the 2004/05 season.

Cambridge 1 V Notts Co 2

A good result here for the Magpies and it brought morale back up. It was a close game though. Gildea and Law scoring for Notts Co.

Star Man - Luke Guttridge (Cambridge)

Notts Co 0 V Macclesfield 0

Nothing interesting here, but Notts Co should have won the game with more shots on goal, just not on target.

Star Man - Tony Scully (Notts Co)

Oxford 4 V Notts Co 0

A deserved result for the League 2 champions in waiting here as they destroyed Smurthwaite's team 4-0. After central defender Whitlow was sent off in the 27th minute, the floodgates opened for human manager James Woodward's Oxford.

Star Man - Robert Wolleaston (Oxford)

Notts Co 2 V Rochdale 5

Another heavy defeat here for the Magpies and perhaps unlucky after Notts Co got back into the game after going 2-0 down and bringing the scoreline back to 2-2. Rochdale then stepped up a gear and won comfortably.

Star Man - Grant Holt (Rochdale)

Leyton Orient 4 V Notts Co 0

Another demolition of Notts County here as Orient striker Gary Alexander scored ALL four goals in the game.

Star Man - Gary Alexander (Leyton Orient)

Notts Co 2 V Boston Utd 1

Oxford manager need a result here from Smurthwaite's team and Notts Co duely answered the call. Weatherson finally gets on the scoresheet again after a long tme without scoring. Gareth Law scored Notts County's other goal. That result makes Oxford the League 2 champions, but Boston still go up automatically, finishing 2nd.

Well, that was the first season over and done with and what remains now is to give you a round-up of the seasons achievements and player stats. If you are lucky, I might bring you an exclusive manager interview.

Until my Season Report...

DS.

stevebanner.bmp

So the season is now over and its time to think ahead to next season.

Cambridge finished 10th in the league. Its been an up and down year, with Cambridge being in the playoff zone for most of the first half of the season. However 11 games with no wins took its toll with team morale at an all time low.

Final Results:

H 1-2 Notts Co

A 1-3 Scunthorpe

H 1-1 Yeovil

A 3-2 Bristol Rovers

H 2-1 Wycombe

A 2-1 Cheltenham

The star player for the year was without a doubt Daniel Chillingworth. Scoring 19 goals with 6 assists definatly helping the team throughout the season.

With a Goals for of 69 and Against of 61, it appears that defensive work is going to be the main focus this summer.

Players In At End Of Season:

Mark Burke

Nathan Peel

Simon Coleman

Chris Kiwomya

Next season should hopefully be a better season for the fans.

The boards aim is for another midtable finish but the boss has promised to aim higher than that.

andybanner.jpg

Wycombes Poor form Continues

After inheriting a side low on confidence and morale from the previous manager, it was clear that I would have to lift the side by bringing some new faces before the end of the season.

But due to the lack of funds and wages available the only signings were 3 youngsters who would add depth to the side and a left-back and striker on loan. Whilst veteren Steve Guppy left for Coventry to ease the wage bill.

Even after the new signings and a good talking to by the manager the results were still worryingly inconsistant.

The results were as follows:

Rusden 2 - 0 Wycombe

A disappointing start to my career, with no real plus points.

Man Of The Match: David Bell (Rushden)

Wycombe 1 - 1 Notts County

A decent result against fellow human manager Dale Smurthwaite, the goal coming from 38 year-old Steve Claridge.

Man Of The Match: Alex Gildea (Notts County)

Scunthorpe 2 - 1 Wycombe

Another disappointing loss, especialally since they had been reduced to 10 men within 30 mins. Joe burnell with our only goal this time.

Man Of The Match: Clint Easton (Wycombe)

Wycombe 1 - 0 Yeovil

A tremendous win over a strong Yeovil side. The whole side played to their potential, so I know what they can do when they want to. Steve Claridge was again on target for Wycombe.

Man Of The Match: Mark Philo (Wycombe)

Bristol Rovers 3 - 0 Wycombe

After last weeks win this did nothing to hide our appalingly inconsistant form. Bristol were the better side from the start and deserved to win confortably.

Man Of The Match: Richard Walker (Bristol Rovers)

Wycombe 3 - 2 Shrewsbury

A great match that started brilliantly with Wycombe going 2 up, but with The Shrews making 2-2 on 80 mins. With 10 mins to go it was anyones game and it was Wycombe that got the winning goal through new loan signing Mark De Bolla from Chesterfield.

Man Of The Match: Steve Claridge (Wycombe)

Wycombe 0 - 0 Cheltenham

A nil - nil bore draw with hardly any goalmouth action. An instantly forgetable match.

Bury 5 - 3 Wycombe

From a 0-0 bore draw to an 8 goal thriller! A amzing game that swung from one way to the next in just a few minutes. De Bolla, Claridge and Burnell were the goalscorers for Wycombe.

Man Of The Match: Steve Claridge (Wycombe)

Wycombe 0 - 0 Darlington

Another 0-0 draw at home with not a lot of action, the fans are not happy with the way the side is performing at the moment.

Chester 2 - 0 Wycombe

Injuries to 3 of our main performers for this game upset the balance of the side and there was no suprise to see us lose to a confrotable Chester side.

Man Of The Match: Stewart Drummond (Chester)

Wycombe 3 - 0 Swansea

A much needed result for Wycombe at a time when they needed it most. A big reponse from the team after the bad result against Chester. They couldn't have played better, with the goals from Perpetuini, Lawrence and Claridge again.

Man Of The Match: Joe Burnell (Wycombe)

Southend 0 - 1 Wycombe

With injuries again ruining this Wycombe side I didn't expect much from this game, so to get another victory was great. Mark De Bolla got the only goal of the game.

Man Of The Match: Matty Fox (Wycombe)

Wycombe 0 - 0 Northampton

Bore draw with nothing to shout about for either fans.

Man Of The Match: David Rowson (Northampton)

As you can see from the results we are worryingly inconsistant at the moment with 0-0 draws following on from 8 goal thrillers. I will be needing to address this inconsistancy in the last 6 games. If we can do that then hopefully it will help to attract some new signing in the summer.

Andy Silk

Wycombe Finish 14th for the Season

With 3 draws, 1 loss and 2 wins in their last 6 games, the Wycombe team have responded to my plea for more consistancy from them. Hopefully this has given the fans something to hope for ready for next season.

The results from the final 6 games were as follows:

Mansfield 0 - 0 Wycombe

Another game that we should probably have won, but Mansfield were a solid team who battled for everything.

Wycombe 1 - 1 Grimsby

A touch lucky in this game as Grimsby were ahead for nearly 80 minutes of this match before loan signing Mark De Bolla equalised.

Man Of The Match: Stacy Coldicott (Grimsby)

Lincoln 0 - 1 Wycombe

Good confident win over a poor Lincoln side who were easily beaten. the goal coming from Steve Claridge.

Man Of The Match: Frank Talia (Wycombe)

Wycombe 0 - 0 Kidderminster

A boring game where both sides cancelled each other out from the start.

Man Of The Match: Cyril Sharrock (Kidderminster)

Cambridge 2 - 1 Wycombe

A good game with both sides going for it. But Steve Vidoy's team came out on top.

Man Of The Match: Roger Johnson (Wycombe)

Wycombe 2 - 0 Macclesfield

A good last day of the season win over decent side Macclesfield. A few more days like this next season and who knows what might happen.

Man Of The Match: Nathan Tyson (Wycombe)

With several new signings already lined up for the next term, I feel that the Wycombe fans should have something more to shout about next season.

My end of season report will follow shortly.

Andy Silk

raybanner.jpg

Rover's at a standstill!!

The report's for the final eight game's:

Grimsby 1 v 1 Bristol Rover's

A very poor game lucky we got a point goal came from Ali Gibb.

Man Of The Match:Kevin Miller (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 2 v 0 Lincoln

Back to winning way's should of had more but were happy we got the 3 point's. Goal's came from Richard Walker and Christian Edwards.

Man Of The Match:Jamie McCombe (Lincoln)

Kidderminster 1 v 1 Bristol Rover's

Back to drawing then for rover's very lucky we got the point goal came from Christian Edwards.

Man Of The Match:Christian Edwards (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 2 v 3 Cambridge

Well it had to happen and it did our first defeat under my management icon15.gif it came against fellow human manager Steve Vidoy very entertaining game goal's came from Jamie Forrester and David Savage.

Man Of The Match:John Ruddy (Cambridge)

Macclesfield 0 v 3 Bristol Rover's

The response i got was what i wanted smashed Macclesfield to piece's gaol's came from Jamie Forrester And two from Ali Gibb. This win also sealed our playoff place.

Man Of The Match:Stuart Campbell (Bristol R)

Bristol Rover's 1 v 3 Oxford

The champion's came to town the city was buzzing for the visit of James Woodward's Oxford and i lost only my second game as Bristol Rover's manager against a fellow human manager again this was a very good game end to end stuff really goal came from James Hunt.

Man Of The Match:Carlos Alberto Menjivar

(Oxford)

Playoff Time:

1st Leg

Shrewsbury 1 v 2 Bristol Rover's

Good result which should see us go to the playoff final at the Millennium Stadium goal's came from Ben Thornley and Lewis Haldane.

Man Of The Match:Scott Howie (Shrewsbury)

2nd Leg

Bristol Rover's 0 v 1 Shrewsbury

Iam disappointed the player's let themselves down at home yet again there goal meant it went to penalty's and what a penalty shootout it was:

Each side took ten penalty's with Shewsbury holding there nerve to win it:

5-6 in Shrewsbury favor

Manager’s Thought's

This season was a big disappointment to me the player's and the fan's.

So how about next season

This forthcoming season there is only one aim and that is to be champion's of league two any thing less and I'll eat my hat.

dalebanner.jpg

Notts County Season Report 2004/05 - Managed By Dale Smurthwaite

Well here it is folks, the BIG season report from Notts County. Joining us later will be the Notts County manager Dale Smurthwaite to answer a few questions for us on the season just past.

It was a season of ups and downs for Notts County in the season and its fair to say that there were more downs than ups. The season started brightly with the arrival of striker Peter Weatherson and midfielder Alex Gildea. Weatherson was banging the goals in and was very quickly at the top of the goalscrores table.

Unfortunately for Smurthwaite though, the very busy Christmas schedule really took it out of his players and as the fitness dropped, the losses increased and soon to follow was the severe loss of morale.

It was a situation that Smurthwaite was not going to be able to recover and the second half of the season was to be much of a disappointing venture for The Magpies.

Joining us now is the Notts County manager, Dale Smurthwaite.

Dale, just quickly, how would you sum up your first season in charge at Notts County?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed afer such a promising start, but these things happen in football, you need time to build up a rapport with your players and with that brings a good understanding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, so would it be fair to say that you are still getting to know your players?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mmm, I think that is perhaps a bit of an overstatement. I know how my players strengths and they will only get better. We have some exciting prospects at Notts County. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it true that there is a contrct dispute between yourself and Peter Weatherson?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is true that I am in charge of renewing the first team contracts, but as to whether Peter is looking for another contract, I couldn't comment on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who would you say your best player was this season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would have to agree with the fans and go with Alex Gildea. He is an asset to this club and I intend to keep a hold of him, but let's not take anything away from the rest of the team.

14th in League 2 last season, disappointed?

Who wouldn't be? We were aiming for promotion, but unfortunately, results didn't go our way. I am confident for next season though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you plan to challenge for the title next season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am already in the process of securing new talent and there will be some players leaving the club also. Its a pity that David Fox is out of our price range, but I'm sure any first team experience he gets while on loan to other clubs is benefitial to him. A new keeper is on the way from Hull. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curtis Aspden, a bit young?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes he is young, but he has a mature head on his shoulders and I hope for big things for this young man. Hopefully its with Notts County icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally Dale, a quick prediction for next season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You should know me by now Nosmo..I've never predicted anything in my life and I never will </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there you have it, the very nice Dale Smurthwaite. He always has time for the media and is always willing to give an answer, even though it may not be the one you wanted.

All there is to do now is say cheerio, and I'll report back to all you football fans out there throughout the coming season. Before I go though, Here are some Notts County player stats for the League 2 season 2004/05.

Nosmo King signing off...

PLAYER STATS

Top Goalscorer : Gareth Law with 24

Most Assists : Alex Gildea with 18

Highest Average Rating : Alex Gildea with 8.00 (44 Appearances)

Most MoM Awards : Alex Gildea with 13

Worst Discipline : Saliou Lassissi with 7 Yellow Cards & 1 Red Card

Fans Player Of The Year : Alex Gildea

CLUB STATS

Highest Attendance : 4547 V Mansfield on 10.11.2004

Lowest Attendance : 3219 V Northampton in Vans Trophy 1st Round

Average Attendance : 3719

Best Unbeaten Streak : 6 from 2.10.2004-10.11.2004

Worst Losing Streak : 8 from 15.2.2005-2.4.2005

Highest Transfer Fee Paid : £7,000 for Alex Gildea from Whitby

Highest Transfer Fee Received : £20,000 for Glynn Hurst to York

HOPES FOR NEXT SEASON

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Promotion at all costs as long as its legal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until my next report...

DS.

peachbanner2.jpg

Oxford United Season Report 2004/05

At the beginning of the season Oxford fans were rebelling at the clubs shock announcement that an unknown manager had been appointed to head their title challenge, but come May they are calling for him to be knighted after he led them to their 1st league title for 21 years.

We went onto the streets of Oxford to find out what the fan’s think of their manager.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well what can I say, he’s a top bloke, he’s proved all of his critics wrong and I believe that he is the man to take the club forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It’s going top be an interesting season this year and if Woodward stays I reckon that we’ll have a very good chance of another promotion.[/QOUTE]

I support Swindon mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there you have the fan’s view, but what about the man himself. We had a quick chat with the Oxford gaffer on his hopes for the future.

Well first of all congratulations on winning League Two

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks, but the players are the ones that need congratulating, they have been fantastic all the way throughout the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you looking forward to the upcoming season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes very much, It’s going to be very interesting to see how we do. But I am very confident that we will be able to cope in League Two </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is your prediction for next season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is going to be very tough but I believe that we are more than capable to achieve promotion whether that be automatically or through the play-offs I believe that that is a realistic target for us.

So have you got your eyes on any players for the new season?

Well I have already moved into the transfer market this season, I have signed some very good prospects for the future along with some veterans who have experience at the top level of football. I also have my eyes on a few other players but I will expand on that at a later date </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of your new signings who do you expect to shine?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well Ali Daei is a proven goalscorer who holds the world record for most international goals, Giorgi Kinkladze is has played in the Premiership for a number of seasons and could become a very influential player for us. But I have to say that any of our signings could become regular fixtures in the team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have also had to let a lot of players go to, do you think that will effect the club this season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well the wage bill was restricting us so, we had to let people go but they all understood what had to be done and most took it well. But I do believe that we have brought players in that are more than capable of filling in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally, can we have a quick prediction from you for the guys in League Two

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">League Two will be very interesting this season, I expect Dale and Ray to be challenging up at the top, but in all honesty I believe that any of the guys could gain promotion. As I said it will be very interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there you have it, words of wisdom from the Oxford manager. Now we will take a look at the club and player statistics from last season.

Club Stats

Highest Attendance: 12247 v Sutton Coldfield, FA Cup 1st Rnd

Lowest Attendance: 4527 v Kidderminster, LDV Vans Trophy S 1st Rnd

Biggest Win: 6-1 v Rochdale (H) League Two

Biggest Defeat: 3-1 Rochdale (A) League Two

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer: Tommy Moooney - 23

Most Assists: Juan Pablo Raponi - 14

Highest Average Rating: Carlos Alberto Menjivar - 7.77

Most Man Of Match: Robert Wolleaston - 8

Worst Discipline: Mateo Corbo - 4 Yellow Cards / 2 Red Cards

Fans Player Of The Year: Tommy Mooney

Well there you have it a successful season from Oxford and hopes for more of the same next season.

Until Next Time

James Woodward

Guest kukev31

kevbanner.jpg

After a relatively good start to the season leaving me in the playoffs, i had a bit od a disappointing finish. A mixture of myself and my assistant managing left the side 14th in the league with 10 games to go. I had been knocked out all the cups. 3-2 to Lincoln in the 1st round of the fa cup and 3-1 to Southend in the quarters of the LDV vans trophy.My last 10 games went as follows

Northampton 1v1 Scunthorpe

They scored an early penalty after ten minutes, but substitute Matthew Howard equalised after 60 minutes. They had a man sent off near the end but managed to hold on for a draw.

Yeovil 2v0 Northampton

Yeovil were one of the favourites for promotion at the start of the season but they were languishing just above the relegation zone. So I was hopeful of a good result. Andrejs Stolcer the Latvian put them ahead just before half time, and Kevin Gall got them another after 75 minutes. A terrible performance by myself here and I disnt deserve anything.

Northampton 0v0 Bristol Rovers

Fellow human manager Ray was sitting nicely in the playoffs and a non eventful draw here wasnt a bad result.

Wycombe 0v0 Northampton

Another human manager in Andy and another dire 0-0, what else can I say.

Northampton 0v1 Cheltenham

They scored an early goal after 7 minutes and I just couldnt get back in the game.That was 4 games without a goal and I really needed to sort something out upfront.

Bury 0v0 Northampton

I tried to change something upfront but to no avail yet another 0-0, at least my defence is ok.

Northampton 2v2 Darlington

I twice went behind in this game but goals from Eric Sabin and Mark Yeates got me back in it. They had a player sent off after 75 minutes, but i couldnt grab a winner. Cant complain really as i did score two goals.

Chester 2v3 Northampton

I went 2 nil down early on but goals from Hearn Sabin and Yeates got me my first win in 7.

Northampton 1v0 Swansea

A second half goal by Charley Hearn was enough to beat fellow manager Williams, even though he is on holiday.

Southend 1v2 Northampton

Charley Hearn scored after 65 mins and I added another after a Graham Barrett own goal on 70 minutes. Fredy Eastwood got a consolation at the end, but I held on for a third win in a row. A good end to the season.

A disappointing season a final position of 12th was not what i wanted and I hope to better next year. A heavy investment is needed and i am looking for a lot of decent players.

peachbanner2.jpg

Oxford 2005/06 Transfer Round-Up

Nihad Pejkovic (GK) Ptolemaida (£0)

36 year old Bosnian keeper, twice capped by his country. Expected to be Oxford’s number one keeper.

Thomas Alexandre (SW/DC) Lesquin (£1k)

Young French defender who came through the ranks at Lens. Definitely one to watch.

Matthew Armstrong (DC) Dundalk (£1k)

This young man from Stoke is one for the future, don’t expect many appearances from him this season.

Titi (SC) Vasby (£0)

Kutchi Kanga or more widely known as Titi is a very pacey striker. Brought in as back up.

Gregory Scattone (AM/FLC) Vise (£2k)

Very exciting prospect, formerly at Roma this 22 year old is already being compared to Carlos Alberto Menjivar.

Cedric (D/DMRL) Nazarenos (£1k)

Portuguese full back who can play on either side. Should become a regular fixture in the Oxford side this season.

Ali Daei (SC) Saba Battery (£0k)

Veteran striker that holds the world record for most international goals with an amazing 110 goals in 139 caps. Not sure whether he will play a regular part this season, only time will tell.

Juan Ugarte (FC) Wrexham (£0k)

Spanish forward who can play in midfield and attack. Expected to be used as a sub.

Bartosz Tarachulski (SC) Yeovil (£0k)

Polish target man signed from Yeovil. Should be a starter for Woodward’s men.

David Perpetuini (DMLC) Wycombe (£0k)

Defensive midfielder who has been brought in to fill the gap left by Peter Atherton.

Giorgi Kinkladze (AMLC) Anorthosi (£0k)

A blast from the past as 32 year old Kinkladze returns to English football. Expected to play a major part in Oxford’s campaign.

Darren Purse (DC) West Brom (£14k)

Very strong defender with premiership experience. Should walk straight into the team.

Josep Guardiola (DMC) Al Ahli (QAT) (£0k)

How Woodward has pulled this one off, no-one knows and is probably best left unknown. Pep arrives in January and should establish himself immediately.

Luke Steele (GK) Man Utd (Season Long Loan)

Goalkeeper who rejoins Oxford on loan for another season. Expected to battle with Pejkovic for the number one jersey.

Zak Whitbread (DC) Liverpool (Season Long Loan)

American centre back who impressed last season on loan at Northampton. Should make a promising partnership with Purse.

Kieran Richardson (AMLC) Man Utd (Season Long Loan)

England under 21 international, expected to have a sparkling future at the highest level in football. Oxford fans have the privilege of watching his talent this season.

Vincent Pericard (SC) Portsmouth (Season Long Loan)

Young French striker formally of Juventus, comes to Oxford to gain some first team experience.

Manager’s Note

I believe that with the quality of players that I have brought in this season that we will be able to uphold a strong challenge for the League One title. These are very exciting times at Oxford and I am very proud to be a part of this club now and hopefully in the future.

Until Next Time

James Woodward

• 2 weeks later...

clanbanner.jpg

Clan Update

Well, The F.A Challenge has almost completed 2 seasons of FM 2005 now,(just 3 games short I believe).

We are currently, however, taking a short break while the hos - yours truly - moves house. An exciting prospect as its our first owned property. As soon as I am back up and running with the internet, we will resume on the next available gameday and hopefully it wont be too long.

We have a good team of players now and I hope everyone is enjoying the game.I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome back Keith Tinker who had to leave us due to work constraints. He has since found alternative employment and will be rejoining us on the restart.

Thats all for now, until I connect again...

SDK (FA Challenge Host).

great reading lads glad to see your clan is going great guns.

i know you will pull it round with "The Cobblers " Kev, its fun being Northampton online as im having my ups and downs with my team in my clan game

• 3 weeks later...

dalebanner.jpg

Notts County Fail Again

There were a few additions to Smurthwaite's squad this season, and a few departures.

IN

GK - Curtis Aspden - £1k from Hull

DMC - Paul Wanless - Free Transfer from Oxford

DC - Taribo West - Free Transfer from Oxford

DL - Lee Lawrence - £1 from Rhyl

FLC - Mark Smyth - Free Transfer

STR - Sylvan Ebakns-Blake - Free Transfer

DRC - Alistair Asher - Part Exchange from Hucknall

AM/FRC - James Coppinger - £3k from Doncaster

DC - Ryan O'Leary - £12k from Aberdeen

GK - Lee Hollis - £3k from Airdrie

STR - Jonas Lantto - £1k from Kiruna

OUT

STR - Gavin Gordon £16k to Chester

MC - Stefan Oakes - Free Transfer to Scarborough

MRC - Paul Bolland - Free Transfer to Wrexham

DL - Rob Ullathorne - Free Transfer to SHrewsbury

DC - Ian Richardson - Free Transfer

DR - Paul O'Brien - Free Transfer

DLC - Mike Whitlow - Free Transfer to Morcambe

GK - Saul Deeney - Part Exchange to Hucknall

D/DML - Wayne McDermott - £1k to Stevenage

FC - Matty Williams - £7k to Hayes

SC - Peter Weatherson - £400k to Oldham

DRC - Saliou Lassissi - £20k to Reims

D/DMC - Shane McFaul - £16k to Ilkeston

ML - Richard Woods - Free Transfer

It was plainly obvious that Peter Weatherson had to leave the club. Two reasons for this : 1. The club desperately needed the funds to get out of the red and 2. He wasn't likely to sign another contract with Notts Co. much to Smurthwaite's disappointment. That said though, the generosity shown by Oxford manager James Woodward was appreciated by Smurthwaite with the signing of both Taribo West and Paul Wanless. Smurthwaite was also pleased with the buying of Ryan O'Leary from Aberdeen.

Well, there are 43 games to report on here so instead of a game by game analysis, scorelines only this time.

Notts Co 0 V Swansea 1

Chester 1 V Notts Co 0

Notts Co 1 V Grimsby 1

[b}Wycombe 2 V Notts Co 0[/b]

Notts Co 0 V Sunderland 1 - League Cup 1st Round

Notts Co 2 V Walsall 1

Kidderminster 1 V Notts Co 0

Notts Co 0 V Stockport 3

Bury 0 V Notts Co 2

Notts Co 3 V Rochdale 0

Lincoln 2 V Notts Co 1 - LDV Vans Trophy North 1st Round

Notts Co 1 V Lincoln 1

Bristol Rovers 1 V Notts Co 0

Mansfield 2 V Notts Co 1

Notts Co 1 V Wrexham 2

Notts Co 0 V Yeovil 1

Scunthorpe 5 V Notts Co 3

Notts Co 4 V Torquay 2 - FA Cup 1ts Round

Northampton 1 V Notts Co 0

Notts Co 4 V Lincoln 2

Darlington 6 V Notts Co 6 - A record scoring game!

Notts Co 3 V Nuneaton 1 - FA Cup 2nd Round

Notts Co 0 V Exeter 1

Cambridge 2 V Notts Co 4

Notts Co 1 V Bournemouth 3

Morcambe 2 V Notts Co 2

Notts Co 1 V Cheltenham 1

Swansea 1 V Notts Co 1

Wolves 4 V Notts Co 1 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Notts Co 1 V Wycombe 2

Notts Co 4 V Chester 2

Grimsby 3 V Notts Co 2

Walsall 2 V Notts Co 1

Notts Co 5 V Kidderminster 2

Stockport 1 V Notts Co 3

Notts Co 3 V Bury 1

Leyton Orient 0 V Notts Co 4

Notts Co 2 V Bristol Rovers 0

Rochdale 0 V Notts Co 3

Notts Co 1 V Mansfield 1

Wrexham 2 V Notts Co 2

Notts Co 2 V Scunthorpe 0

Yeovil 2 V Notts Co 0

Notts Co 1 V Northampton 4

Lincoln 4 V Notts Co 1

Notts Co 2 V Cambridge 3

Notts Co 1 V Darlington 1

Exeter 1 V Notts Co 3

So there you have it. With 3 games to play in this season, Smurthwaite must be very diappointed not to made a dent in the league AGAIN after promising so much in last season's final interview.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well obviously I'm disappointed Nosmo, but these things happen in football as I have said before. but we have survived relegation which was a possibility at one point, and we just have to focus on getting ready for next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope to secure Neil Mellor as a permanent fixture here at Notts County although his wage demand may be out of our reach. Alex Gildea has had another great season for us and he is to be commended on his commitment and hard work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stay tuned for an update on the final 3 games and an end of season report. With a bit of luck Mr Smurthwaite will give us another in depth interview on the past season. Unless he is off to see his mentor Jose Mourinho for some tips...icon_wink.gif

Until my next report...

DS.

keithbanner.jpg

welcome back k.tinker the chester manager had 3 games left of the season and ended with 2 wins a defeat which he felt they could have won.

But he is looking forward to the new season with chester and feels he can get them promoted this term.

Wishes all the best to the teams that finish below him which there will be a few says the chester manager

raybanner.jpg

Rover's plan for the new season.

Transfer's in.

Dave Bond (One for the future)

Steve Baker (A future England international)

Transfer's out.

Ryan Willams free to Kidderminster

Christian Edwards free to Morecambe

Paul Trollope free to Ayr

Sonny Parker 2k To Cirencester

Junior Agogo 12k to Macclesfield

Gary Gordon free to Newport IoW

Now for a round up of the fixture's

Yeovil 0 vs 2 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 2 vs 2 Northampton

Lincoln 0 vs 2 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Darlington

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 3 Crewe (League cup 1st round)

Exeter 0 vs 1 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 2 vs 0 Cambridge

Bournemouth 4 vs 1 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Morecambe

Chester 2 vs 0 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 0 vs 0 Hereford (LDV 1st Round won on pens)

Cheltenham 1 vs 0 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Notts Co

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 1 Grimsby

Wycombe 1 vs 0 Bristol Rover's

Peterborough 0 vs 1 Bristol Rover's (LDV 2nd Round)

Kidderminster 0 vs 2 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 0 vs 1 Walsall

Bristol Rover's 2 vs 2 Colchester (FA cup 1st round)

Bristol Rover's 2 vs 1 Stockport

Colchester 1 vs 0 Bristol Rover's (FA cup 1st round replay)

Bristol Rover's 0 vs 1 Leyton Orient

Barnet 3 vs 0 Bristol Rover's

Bury 1 vs 1 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Swansea

Rochdale 0 Vs 5 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Mansfeild

Wrexham 3 vs 1 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 3 vs 1 Scunthorpe

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Yeovil

Darlington 1 vs 0 Bristol Rover's

Northampton 1 vs 0 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Lincoln

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 1 Exeter

Cambridge 1 vs 1 Bristol Rover's

Bristol Rover's 1 vs 0 Bournemouth

Morocambe 1 vs 1 Bristol Rover's

Shock at Rover's: Highly respected manager Raymond Robson Resigns his position to take up a post at Brighton.

Robson give an explanation to the press after his departure:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I left because i felt that the Rover's Board were not doing what we needed to gain promotion, I would like to take this opportunity to say sorry to the pirate's fan's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

raybanner2.jpg

New manager appointed at brighton.

Raymond Robson Officaly took up his postion today (14/2/06) after he left Bristol rover's.

He Quickly made this statement to the press:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The time has come for brighton to rise to premiership football and hopefully iam the man to do it. I would like to thank my family and freind's for all the support they have given me over this decision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robson's first game as brighton manager was away to blackpool which they won 2-0.

Now for a Round up of brighton's Remaining game's.

Brighton 1 vs 1 Oldham

Brighton 5 vs 1 Port Vale

Luton 1 vs 0 Brighton

Mk Dons 2 vs 2 Brighton

Brighton 0 vs 2 Peterborough

Chesterfield 2 vs 0 Brighton

Brighton 2 vs 2 Colchester

Bradford City 1 vs 3 Brighton

Brighton 1 vs 2 Oxford

Brighton 4 vs 0 Shrewsbury

Barnsley 0 vs 3 Brighton

Doncaster 3 vs 1 Brighton

Brighton 1 vs 2 Torquay

Brighton 1 vs 1 Watford

The end of the season come's to a close.

Final league postion was 13.

Bring on the new season.

Till next time Ray.

Archived