3-3-1-3 Something Different!

I had grown bored of FM for a bit, so I decided to try something other then a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 which is used by almost everybody. Im a bit Chile fan so I wanted a try at the 3-3-1-3. So far it has working great, Iv won my first 10 league games as Tottenham. The thing I like about this tactic is it is 100% aggressive at all times, and in the games that you have control you will actually see 7 players attacking and near or in the box. It will ship goals every once in a while, but so far it scores enough that a goal here or there hasnt cost me. I don't know if it will work for every team, I used Tottenham because they have a great front 4 setup. Also, before anybody chips in with Chile use wing backs ect, if you have watched Chile before, there is no real way to class there side players because they pop up every where on the field which makes them hard to mark. Maybe side midfielders who come inside and play like a box2box.

tottenhamhotspurprematc.th.png

englishpremierdivisioniq.th.png

Player Req.

GK-Any will do, try for arially proficiant because the only danger is from crosses

DC-Must be dominating in air. Jumping 17+. Since the other teams DC and fullbacks are being pressed all game, most of the time they will lump it up field. You will lose if he does not dominate.

DCL-R- Jumping should be 15+ because most of your danger is from crosses. Apart from that, I only worry about mental and speed. My DC's make at most 3 tackles a game, where as my MCL-R make 10+. Im training my young CB's mostly tactics, athletics, and a little attacking because I want to eventually make they ballplaying defenders.

MC-all around, must be decent defender, and tall because he will have to deal with many long balls from the opp. back 4.

MCL-MCR must have great stamina and workrate. They will be all over the pitch.

AMC-Your playmaker, I use Modic and he has been amazing.

FR-FL- Use strong foot on outside, mostly worry about delivery. They don't have to be super fast or great dribblers because they are already high up the pitch. Bently worked much better then Lennon once I put him in the starting lineup. If you must use an inside footed player make him a playmaker and make sure there is another classic winger on the other side.

FC- I have used Defoe and he is killing the EPL. I havn't used a tall striker because Crouch was being a baby and asked for a transfer. They will get lots of chances so just make sure they can finish.

Team Talks ect.-I use have faith on everybody pre-game and then encourage or pleased at halftime on everybody but 3 of the top four who get have faith again. I don't use O.I. as I think they can mess up the team shape and get people out of position. I tackle hard so if they pick up a yellow change them to normal. Change match prep to high intill they are comfortable with the tactic. If you find that a certain teams wingers are killing you, you might try man-marking them with the MCL-R. If you get beat bad, it hasn't happen to me but with how aggressive it is it might, give it a few games and see. Who knows, it might suck for your team. I'm not a tactical wizard, so if you can think of anything to help or change, let me know!

Guess a Link would help... http://www.filefront.com/17677906/3-3-1-3 (Tottenham, Nov 2010).tac

Archived