Qs about playing a match

1. I have made all the subs I am allowed during a game. Then a player takes a knock. I would like to remove the player from the game and play short-handed. How do I remove a player from the game (without replacing him)? In FM 2010, people said I could just drag the player onto one of the removed players or drag a removed player onto him. That doesn't seem to work in FM 2011.

I would like to see the kick off of every game. However, depending on my settings, the game starts playing as soon as I press "Play" and I usually miss the kickoff as I have changes to make to the controls (sometimes I play "commentary only" other times I play super fast 2d, but want TV view,...). So, how do I set things so that the game does not start until I see the pitch on the screen, have made my choices, and press the "play" button to begin. In FM 2010, someone advised me to make a slight tactical change before pressing "play". That worked. However, it does not appear to work in FM 2011.

Changing the match view does not pause the game before start, which is really what I'm looking for. When I set the match view on full game, the game starts as soon as the screen is displayed. By the time I figure out what's going on (which direction my team is heading, what color kits we're wearing,...) the ball is already down field.

Archived