If you can keep your head, when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.

If you can turst yourself when the board, fans and media doubt you, yet inspire your team to win by a goal or two.

I you can save your team from certain relegation with nothing but your will to win, then give them all the credit, massaging the ego's of eleven men.

If you can push your superstart to always up his game, or meet with total disaster and shoulder all the blame.

If you can take a rising start and teach him the pitfalls of success, or stand up to the short sighted board when they're demanding more for less.

If you can go in 3-0 down then take your men and lift their heads, or endure abuse from the opposition and leave to retorts unsaid.

If you can handle the media spotlight, whilst knowing they wait like wolves for your fall, or bring on another striker risking it all.

If you can motivate your men to fills those dying seconds with a last minute run.

Yours is the glory, the game, and everything that's in it.

And once more, you'll be a manager my son.

Had to watch that advert about 100 times today, but now I cannot wait til Friday!

Archived