finance question

the situation is, im managing west ham at the beginning of my third season and through some wheeler dealing and mild success ive accumulated £66 million in the bank, with lots of champions league revenue to come in too

the problem is i am still £67 million in debt and the local council are blocking any further stadium improvements

my questions:

1. if i get enough money in my account will the board repay the loans early (before the scheduled 2039)

2. will my board still look to build a new stadium if i have a few hundred million in the bank, but am still technically in debt

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, i couldnt find any 2010 posts on it

thanks

in answer to question 1 i dont think they will pay it off early. i had a similar situation in my most recent save where i had a loan debt of something like 300k and had 5+ million in the bank but the board didnt pay it off early.

In regards to question 2 then they should still build you a new one. in the same save mentioned above i got promoted to the SPL and in my second season, i think, the board decided to build me a new stadium. i had been in the same situation as you where the council would never allow it. I didnt even need lots of money in the bank as the board took out a loan to pay for most of the cost.

P.S I was using a revamped Scottish league set up and didnt include the RL rule that you have to have a 10,000 seat stadium to enter the SPL.

Archived