My disastreous week

Scarborough 2005-06, going along quite nicely in 8th place in the Conference. Young Rotherham loanee striker has 7 goals in 14 and is signing permanently when the window opens in January. My inspired double substitution has just eaned us a replay from a tricky away tie in the FA Cup qualifying round.

We are all over the opposition in the replay, and 1-0 up at half-time... and then it all goes wrong:

On 60 mins my keeper is sent off for a professional foul in the box, giving away a penalty - which is tucked away - and forcing me to stick an outfield player in goal (I don't always have a reserve GK on the bench). We hold out until the last minute of extra time, when a second goal knocks us out.

My striker's loan ends the next day, and I seem unable to reloan him prior to him joining in January.

My pacy 17-year-old striker plays well in the next game, setting up our equaliser. He then breaks his leg in Monday's regularly-scheduled training injury.

And it was all going so well :-)

Scarborough 2005-06, going along quite nicely in 8th place in the Conference. Young Rotherham loanee striker has 7 goals in 14 and is signing permanently when the window opens in January. My inspired double substitution has just eaned us a replay from a tricky away tie in the FA Cup qualifying round.

We are all over the opposition in the replay, and 1-0 up at half-time... and then it all goes wrong:

On 60 mins my keeper is sent off for a professional foul in the box, giving away a penalty - which is tucked away - and forcing me to stick an outfield player in goal (I don't always have a reserve GK on the bench). We hold out until the last minute of extra time, when a second goal knocks us out.

My striker's loan ends the next day, and I seem unable to reloan him prior to him joining in January.

My pacy 17-year-old striker plays well in the next game, setting up our equaliser. He then breaks his leg in Monday's regularly-scheduled training injury.

And it was all going so well :-)

Archived