a few simple suggestions...

Ive been tihinkin about a few things which i would love to see added to what is already a great game.

1. Curently you can only call a team meeting to discuss a poor run of form. Heres my idea...you are in the middle of a congested fixture list. You should be able to call a team meeting to discuss the next few games, for instance you may have a game against tough league opposition, followed by a european tie, then a derby league game followed by the 2nd leg european tie. I would love to call a meeting to tell the squad to concentrate on gettin maximum league points, and not to worry too much about europe, or maybe Europe is more important so you tell them to forget the league but make sure and progress in Europe.

Or maybe you have a few league games coming up that you would like 'X' amounts of points from. For ex. You are playin top of the league then two relegation candidates. You would call a meeting to tell the squad to achieve a minimujm 6 points from the next 3 games. so if you happen to get 3 against the top team but get beat from a relegation candidiate then you have still achieved what was set out.

This can all be linked to the press conference, like being asked what you think your chances are for the next game and you can say you expect 'X' amount of points, or we need to take points from this game becuase we have the league champions next week or afterwards you could give it the old ' If we had got offered 6 points at the start of things we would have taken it.

2. Call a meeting to discuss the squad, what do the squad think of the recent enquiries that you have made for players?... are they impressed or not! where do they think the squad needs attention, what position, what type of mentality? What do they think of training, what changes would they like to see, any coach suggestions?

3. Players should be able to come to speak to you about more things, like when will they get there chance, or they are worried that the squad is lacking real quality. If you dont heed

there advise then they could go to the papers saying that team 'X' are good but could be doing with a few real quality players, or that there are too many substandard players. This way you had the chance to deal with it in house but instead he has went to the papers to get his point across. Then you could call a team meeting to discuss the topics or player himself. Would the rest of the squad agree or like to see him booted out?...

and finally,

4. As players can be touted 'The next so and so' I would love young managers to have the same effect. So if you have a brought loads of academy players through and won the title you could be called the next Alex Ferguson, or if you have the knack of spotting youngsters and turining them into a team you could be the next Wenger. Or maybe you love to play the long ball with big strong forwards and general strong arm tactics you could be the next Tony Pulis.

Or how about the fact that you like a bit of wheeling and dealing you could be the next Redknapp. Like i say theres loadsa managers that you could be the next off these are just a few British ones. If you achieve greatness you could be the next Bobby Robson or Jock Stein.

Just a few suggestions. What do you's all think?...

I like the idea of sprucing up the meetings and more player interaction, so your first 3 points definitely get my vote.

To be honest, it wouldn't really worry me whether I were dubbed the next Pep Guardiola or whatever, I don't really see how that would add to anything, but I can understand why you would want it included.

Overall some good suggestions there

Archived