Getting desperate for some sense

I play Valencia. or played...

I got fired in my 3th season with Roma. My team dramatically underperformed in some matches.

So after a couple of months totally without FM I started up a Valencia save. But...

This game doesn't make any sense to me. Here I am, just quited the game in a rage, which effectively ruined this save for days, if not weeks as I feel like I have cheated and worse. I try to understand the games rules. I try to create my own tactic and playing a stable XI. Just as Chelsea playing 41212 every match, or Barca with their 433. Or United as they do with their 442. I have a fine balance of defensive and attacking players. I create one formation, play it pretty much in lets say 8 matches with great success, 6 W and 2 D. High tempo and short passes, perfect for my technical and pacey lads. Silva, Mata, Hamsik and Villa is good enough for any tempo in the world. Behind I got Albelda who play supporting or defensive CM, and Annan which is a clear ballwinner. Annan and Albelda both work hard and gets the ball, Albelda can play it while Hamsik is the creative one.

The balance is good, the players get time to adapt. Success, for some short time. Then chaos again. Just as on my Roma save. It was quite clearly all random how I performed. It was not up to my decicions it seemed, it was all something else, something out of my grisp.

The losses start coming again, just as I had expected. I don't know why exactly, so I don't know what to do about it. Should I change formation? Don't you lads say that a formation should be allowed to fit in, to make the team adapt to it. Should I have one for away and one for home? I tried that as well, playing counterattacking 442 away and attacking 4231 home. Did not help. I got screwed with 442. The 4231 still works sometimes. I have won 6-0 twice. The formation is good. But I still lost against the 17th.

I am as unstable as a drug addict in a robbery. How do I get to perform on a good level over a prolonged period of time? Someone said play two strikers against bad teams, why not one striker and two wingers? Why why why!?!?. Am I supposed to have 19 different formations to maximize my team against every opponent? I play well one match, then the next I crash and burn, play one more and the opponent has one freekick where he passes it to one player who of some bizarre reason is unmarked and scores the only goal of the match before they switch to 442 and I see no more highlights even if I play 3-322 and overloading x 10. The next match i win 3-0 and so it goes on, me just barringly getting into the top 5, lucky at best.

I don't get this game at all. Absolutely not. While someone in the tactics make a super formation and win every match in 16 years no matter who they put out there. Or someone take a random lowleague team, and get up 5 years in a row. I try my best to create one good formation, which it always turns out that it works for 8 matches, then not the next 8. Then it goes up and down all the time. Like a roller coaster, only here the downs are no fun while the ups aren't lasting long enough.

This game is so unstable for me, everytime, in both the spanish and italian league, all except the very top team, have had alot of lost points. The 3th and 4th has been extremely unstable, in all seasons on my Roma save, and in the first in spain. Is this game to unstable for its own good? Or is it just me not getting how I should adapt to the next match?

How do I keep a winning form? Changing formation constantly between some premade? On what basis? How do I know when to change it, and to which one? And why? Will having one formation for home and one for away help? Or do I need one for

Archived