Personality Professional

National Side Captain

A.N. Other

Age 27

Influence 18

Determination 18

Teamwork 15

Personality Determined

Both players are key to my team, and quite a few players feel that A.N.other is a influential figure but is upsetting the applecart worth this change?

Whats you experience with changing captaincy between two players that have equal pegging in your team and in their prime?

Say I have two candidates A and B, i begin a long process of elimination:

- I count the number of people who have either as favorite personel

- the number of people who may have something good to say about either (like A organises the defence well, or B is an important team member)

- the one with better influence gets an extra point

- the one with better determination gets an extra point

- the one who tends to score a better overall rating during matches (its pointless having a poor performer with large influence be captain)

- the one who tends to get yellow or red cards more often (why have a captain who insists on missing matches due to suspension)

- the one who tends to get injuries more often (why have a captain who insists on visiting physios more than away teams)

- the one that has a longer future in my long term plans (i avoid having to change captains every season).

Do not forget about the squad personality type (why do you want an ambitious individual captain a professional squad?)

It would be wise to give special consideration to what your key players (and perceived key players) want; if they tend to like A over B, then A should be your preference.

Make sure you consider who was captain before. Say A was captain, but A has an apparently small disadvantage over B, there might be little reason to rock the boat.

In addition, at the start of the season when you need to choose a captain, the drop down you get in your inbox has the suitability of each person (captain or vice listed). this is advice direct from your ass man and other staff feedback (very useful imo).

The most important indicator would be your pre-match commentary made by your ass man; if he says "key players are finding it difficult to motivate themselves with player X as captain" then its time for X to go (you do have a quality ass man right?). Try this: in your tactics list the potential captain as third on your list of captains; play your next match, with neither your current or vice as captain (i.e not in the line up), if your ass man doesn't comment negatively in pre-match, the odds are you have your answer right there.

At this point player A would have some points over B and vice versa; the one with more points gets my vote!

Archived