Waiting time between mentoring/tutoring?

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked, I had a little look both here and in T&T and couldn't see anything.

When a young player finishes learning from a mentor is it usual to have a large waiting time before you are allowed to mentor the player with another senior player?

If so, does anyone know how long you have to wait?

Im finding that whenever a player finishes the mentoring process, or breaks away from it due to a disagreement I am unable to pair him up with a different player. i'm guessing this is just a waiting game, but anyone got any idea how long?

Curiously, after mentoring one player failed I wanted to try a different mentor. Although I was unable to do this (the option wasn't there in the interaction screen), it was suggested to me in a team meeting to pair him up with a particular player. I was able to either dismiss the advice, go to the interaction screen or just start the tutoring. Going to the interaction screen showed me the option was still missing, but when i clicked the option in the meeting to start the tutoring it began nonetheless :). Sounds like something went wrong in my favour, I wasn't able to choose the player, but can't have it all!

Anyway if anyone has any answers as to how long i have to wait in between mentoring and if such a waiting time is even normal then I'd be happy to hear!

Sometimes if a player is too good (wonderkids, temperament), he won't be able to give a mentor anymore, but I think this is less the case than it was in FM09. Actually I'm not so sure I've experienced long waiting times either. You can't tutor if he is learning a PPM also I think.

I have tutored kids with 3 different mentors, at least I was able to, not all were successful however.

And yes, always dismiss advice about tutoring, more chance it ends up in not liking eachother ruining the squad harmony, you have to pick carefully not too different personalities. I barely have any dislikes, some disappointments yes, but if you won't tutor a temperamental kid with a model pro leader or something low chance you get trouble. I think the waiting times you talk about have to do with this, not with a set amount of persons you can use as mentor.

Archived