Steam - Error Code 83

I have been unable to launch FM2010 since this weekend in Steam. I am getting "error code 83".

I have contacted Steam - but no response :mad:...

It sucks that I am unable to use a game that I have paid for and have been using for the past 3-4 months. And I don't see any company taking responsibility neither FM nor Steam :mad::thdn:...

Any help is appeciated -

I have tried all tips on the net - from renaming the blob file to Firewall checks and user access control stuff :confused:...

Thanks

Did a quick google search, and got a few possible resolutions.

Seems this is the best one I found:

But if you restart your pc it will update fm and then you have to go into Steam and 'verify' the files - once you do that it should work.

**Edit: I've seen things from reinstalling to making sure that game is up to date to trying to use the .exe file in your steam apps folder. Plug in "football manager steam error code 83" for the search and you'll find a plethora of options for fixes.

Did a quick google search, and got a few possible resolutions.

Seems this is the best one I found:

**Edit: I've seen things from reinstalling to making sure that game is up to date to trying to use the .exe file in your steam apps folder. Plug in "football manager steam error code 83" for the search and you'll find a plethora of options for fixes.

Thanks, but tried all apart from reinstalling FM still no luck :(... Any other pointers out there?

Btw, FM 2009 is working fine in Steam????

Archived